Fan Heater advice in Motorhome (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I hope this doesn't sound condescending but please be careful with Fan Heaters in a small place like a Motorhome, especially if left on at night. They produce a fair amount of concentrated heat and if placed close to soft furnishings or the heater is accidentally covered with Bedding etc it could pose a Fire Risk.
Far safer to use an electric oil filled radiator. The disadvantage is that they are heavier & a little larger but don't dry your eyeballs out !
Probably a good time to mention about checking your smoke alarm batteries with the advent of colder weather & the associated increase in use of heaters. That's Van's as well as homes.
as well as smoke detector also test your carbon monoxide detector it's the silent killer
and if you don't have one get out and spent twelve pounds on one :thumb:

OP
OP
Freestyle

Freestyle

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
30+
Heating Problem

Well looks like I really stirred up a hornets nest with this one! The reason I want to use an electric heater is because I have a Propex gas and battery heater fitted. Maybe as the van is over 20 years old This is maybe getting worn but in the night there is a steady hum from ir through the body when it is running which wakes me up.
Thanks for all your comments. Enjoyed this!
Regards to all.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back