Free Member
Sep 3, 2016
Reading
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
Since 2004
We (Sally & I) have just spent almost three weeks in France in our new (to us) Hymer Exsis. We headed for the Morvan, a fabulously quiet area mainly to go Mountain Biking (VTT or Velo Tous Terrain). We had a great time, and participated in two organised rides. One in Avallon, and you can read a bit more and see some pictures here in the Cycling forum #46

We also found another event in Sauvigny-les-bois, near to where we were going to visit Fiends in Prémery. So we rocked in a Massive rainstorm with Hecktor, and asked for somewhere where we could park. The guy who rushed out in the rain and sorted us out tuned out to be the Chair of the organising committee, and he wanted us to meet the local reporter and have photos done. We did, and rode a 30km ride on the Saturday, partied a bit sat night (live music and fireworks), then rode another 20km on the Sunday before leaving.

This article and pictures arrived by email yesterday.

There's another thread here about "things we like in France" - well, for us one of them is how friendly people are, and go out of the way to help. Or they do us, but I'm blessed with a wife who speaks fluent French, I merely bastardise the language with utter disregard for tense.

Sauvignoise 2018-1.jpg
SAUVIGNOISE 2018 -2.jpg
IMG_20180825_135924114_HDR.jpg

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
We love the Morvan area and in particular Lake Settons, so quiet but with a few ACSI sites and a good municipal. I don't understand why it isn't more popular. Of course you have to stock up as there are few supermarkets in the immediate area. Also like the look of your van, might upgrade to one of them. Have you had any problems.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
We're heading off in that direction tomorrow, should be in the Morvan some time next week. Looking forward to it!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Sportsnapper

Sportsnapper

Free Member
Sep 3, 2016
Reading
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
Since 2004
We didn't stay at Settons this time, we were on aires all the time (and a couple of car parks). Particularly like the one at Ouroux - only a couple of vans and very quiet. Interesting village ( and area ) if you're interested in the WWII Resistance. Some nasty things happened in the Morvan. There's a house in Ouroux which was the centre of comms between the Allies and the resistance. There's a museum at the Masion du Parc at St. Brisson as well (though my wife's kicking herself as we didn't visit it as it was late in the day when we got there, and the Resistance is on the syllabus for A level french this year) - you can stay overnight on the car park there too, and the loos are open all night.
Food - the Butchers near the Tourist info centre at Quarré Les Tombes is to die for, and the Boulangerie (Quarré de Chocolat) round the corner as well. We also found a really good Charcuterie at Lormes next to a new cafe/bar. Found a really nice spot to stay at Lormes as well, round the back of the Étang du Goulot (off the D17, first little turning left).

Aire at Ouroux
IMG_3741.jpg

Our place by the sire of the Étang at Lormes
IMG_3720.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Some great spots there. There is an aire close to the municipal site on lake settons but it tends to be popular.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back