Family ticket 'rip off' at British attractions (1 Viewer)

russ

Free Member
Oct 8, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Selfbuild
Exp
2 years
I cant do it because i cant read,right or spell plus i'm a lazy sod as well.:roflmto:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I cant do it because i cant read,right or spell plus i'm a lazy sod as well.:roflmto:

I've started a couple of projects, and also run a forum, to be honest, no matter how well it's done you will always get the ones who point out the deficiencies or how YOU could do it better .. little reward for hours of painstaking work..

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
GASSED!!! who mentioned GASSED!, doesn't happen, figment of your imagination.........isn't it?? :Doh::Doh:

I blame the beans.

Olley

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
"We, the British public who pay for these attractions sometimes have only ourselves to blame. They charge these prices because that's what they can get away with."

I have been saying for a long time, the British public are willing victims!!

That is why we have RIP OFF BRITAIN.

And it will never change untill the public get some fire in their belly!!!

But I have to be honest, I don't think I will ever see any change in my life time.

Doug, in sunny Spain.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
I never pay full price for attractions.

I tend to use ebay.

A friend of mine recently got a family ticket to london dungeon for just £5. Dependent when you go prices vary. As an example, tickets on 19 September 2009 it would cost £79 for two adults and two children.

I bought 4 x two day tickets to Alton towers for about £50 and nearly died of shock when I found out the original price which was I think either just over or just under £200. I could never have afforded £200.

Again through ebay I bought a family room travel lodge near alton towers for just £10 per night and we had a fantastic 4 night stay. (£49.99 per night if I bought direct)

The whole trip full price would have cost £400 plus food and I got it for just £90. Not bad going but there are fewer bargains out there and far more bargain hunters.

I totally object to paying such excessive amounts for attractions in the UK.

I found it interesting at another post in this thread on the cost of the journey from colchester. Our cousin stayed with us recently and it was just £5 each way from Lincolnshire to London by National Express which is a far longer journey.

Last edited:

Lorro

Free Member
Sep 23, 2009
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Renault Kangoo
It was nearly £17.00 to get into the Eden Project and you can visit all year with the pass. There is so much you can see and do for free in Britain. Try the Museum of Welsh Life near Cardiff or the Geffrye Museum near Liverpool St Station in London Station, the Maritime Museums in Liverpool and Aberdeen or the Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery. We tend to run down Britain too much on these forums. Don't run away with the idea that everything is free and cheap in continental Europe because it certainly isn't.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
We were recently at Warwick RacecourseCaravan Club Site for a few nights and decided to wander into Warwick to have a look at the castle.

Link Removed

We were soon wandering back to the site when we saw the prices :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back