Family sites with pool and entertainment etc (1 Viewer)

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Can anyone recommend some good U.K. family sites with activities and pools etc to keep the kids entertained ? CAMC have a grand total of 3 sites with a pool so wondered if anyone has some good recommendations please .
👍🏻👍🏻

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Wish you luck I looked for one to take my grandsons to, for 1st week in August, looked a few months ago, only places with vacancies were devon and cornwall, too far for a 4 night trip.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Not been for a few years (actually about 20 years) but Sandy Balls (really) in the New Forest has all that is needed for kids, it's mostly statics these days, but still has a camping section, we also stayed a couple of times on a camp field next to Sandy Balls which meant you could pay to use their facilities but did not pay their camping fees

<Broken link removed>

Dec 31, 2016
southampton
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana 750
Exp
Since 2019
Can anyone recommend some good U.K. family sites with activities and pools etc to keep the kids entertained ? CAMC have a grand total of 3 sites with a pool so wondered if anyone has some good recommendations please .
👍🏻👍🏻
Sounds like my kind of trip! I tried 2 * Haven places in Weymouth this year, they were good. Parkdean in Poole is worth a go, and next year i will try their resort in Westbay. Also in Westbay is highlands end and freshwater beach holiday park - both booked for next year.

I tried the 'Hillhead' club site in July. I have to say if they actually opened the pool and provided entertainmant (Covid blah blah) it have would probably offered the best of both worlds - stuff for the kids plus 'club standard' facilities. And you can get the bus to Paignton, Torquay etc

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Love 2 stay in Shrewsbury.

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Not been for a few years (actually about 20 years) but Sandy Balls (really) in the New Forest has all that is needed for kids, it's mostly statics these days, but still has a camping section, we also stayed a couple of times on a camp field next to Sandy Balls which meant you could pay to use their facilities but did not pay their camping fees

<Broken link removed>
I may be wrong but I think Sandy Balls no longer has touring/camping and is now all statics etc.

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Haven

Hendra Cornwall

Searles Hunstanton

Parkdean
Searles is good, always took the kids there up to when they were teenagers,
Don't think Sandy Balls does touring any more,
Also look around Gt Yarmouth and Skegness,

Where abouts in UK are you looking at ??

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I may be wrong but I think Sandy Balls no longer has touring/camping and is now all statics etc.
The site map still has a camp site, and there is a booking section for camping
but there are defiantly a lot more static's than their were 20 years ago

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Searles is good, always took the kids there up to when they were teenagers,
Don't think Sandy Balls does touring any more,
Also look around Gt Yarmouth and Skegness,

Where abouts in UK are you looking at ??
Thank you . Happy to go anywhere in the UK really .

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Wendo55 .can you copy link of the one Hilary and I went to please.... problems with my bloomin phone/internet. Sorry. Thank you. X

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
I received an email from sandy balls about a year ago which stated they no longer have a touring section (more money in statics)

M-J

Jan 15, 2019
Cambridgeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 986F
Exp
Getting there!
Seacroft at Cromer Norfolk. CAMC club site with both pool and entertainment. We have just left their today. No pool or entertainment now of course.
Phil

Nice little pub/bar but we went last year and walked over to have a drink about half 8 and 10 minutes later the karaoke chap said and here’s your last song! I asked at the bar why so early and they said it’s always that time even when live bands are on!

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Thanks for all the replies ladies and gents .👍🏻
There was also a site in the Forest of Dean that someone suggested in a previous thread . Anybody know that one ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back