Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I have been asked by Bill (landylover) to post for him

He will now not be at the Lincoln show - sorry Bob awnings will have to be compared at the next gathering.

They received a phone call this morning and Shirleys dad has been taken into hospital (second time in 2 weeks) so they have turned around and are heading back to home.

Im sure that we all send our wishes for a good, fast and proper recovery to Shirleys dad

although not camping in the fun corral this time he was hoping to catch up with funsters at the show

Last edited:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
family

we wish your dad a full and speedy recovery reagrds brian jo & josh

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Sorry to hear that your Dad has been taken ill Shirley. Let's look forward to a speedy recovery.

My best wishes to you and Bill

Stuart

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Hi chatter and landylover!

I've a little fellow feeling... as I've been off line for some weeks after re-appearing.

My father, who's older than I am - this is just about possible - chose, as is his way, that he should get his share (and mine) of the NHS benefit, and a large share of the sympathy, by throwing a major wobbly and ending up in hospital about 2 days after we were clear of the quacks!!

Result, no computer for weeks, no broadband next week when we go south again after a flying visit home to pick up post etc (1,200 miles round trip)...

I'll have to repeat my son's lament, why oh why do we have parents?

Still, chaps, it's good to be back in the asylum for a few hours - love to y'all, in a manly, brotherly sort of way...

Tony

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Bill and Shirley, I was so looking forward to meeting up again with you for the weekend.... I really mean it when I say if there is anything at all I can do to help your current problem, PLEASE just ask... There is always another year for Lincoln.

You know I understand as you are in similar circumstances to me and sometimes just a small matter can really help you get through.. Please phone me if you need any kind of support.

Big, big hug to two lovely people..... thinking of you both. Joy xx

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Sorry to hear about your dad Shirley, hope all goes well.

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Thinking of you and we hope your dad makes a good recovery

Dale & Family x

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Many thanks to Maggie for posting this for me

many thanks to you all for your kind thoughts - we both appreciate it very much

A bit of an update on the situation - we were at Bath meet and packing up on the Sunday pm ready to move on the monday and had a phone call to say that Father in Law was not well - so we went down to Devon/ Somerset borders to sort it out had the doctor in and a urinary infection was diagnosed ( he is 92) and medication given and he seemed to improve and settle - today we we near Warwick when we had a phone call to say that he was very bad and was being rushed to hospital so a quick about turn and back to somerset - he has a secondary infection in his kidneys which has laid him low but he is responding to treatment.

Needless to say no Lincoln for us so my apologies to those we had made arrangements to - we look forward to catching up at the next meet

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back