Rally Chat Family friendly rallies (1 Viewer)

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
Good evening! I have been scrolling through the rallies for the upcoming year and was wondering if any of the rallies are more family friendly than others....we have an 11 year old and haven't been on any rallies yet. Not really sure what to expect!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We used to have loads of kids on rallies, but they all grew up. I remember once at Stratford there were so many, we got windbreaks from everyone and coralled them in in a 50m circle. :D We still get a few youngsters on rallies and they are all very friendly whatever age the attendee.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
There are only a couple of adult only meets and they tend to be where there is water,ie Pershore and that's advised by the site itself not the organiser. Most meets we have been on are child freindly ,but sometimes there is not a lot for kids to do . In my opinion the best child meets would be where there is a show or nearby town ,such as the Chester food Fest, Shrewsbury Apple tree show, Hereford, Stratford shows. There is the Aircraft museum one which is ok for kids Thetford bash is ok as well
You just have to go and check them out (y)
Just ask.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 30, 2020
Hartpury, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 796
Exp
Hello. I don’t think that it matters. We went to last years Halloween rally in the FoD. Our 9yr old was the only child there and everyone made him feel very welcome and very much part of the party. My advice is sign up for any rally and you will find that most folks on here are dead friendly. We chose Halloween because there was plenty of attractions within bicycle range if boredom set in. It didn’t.
Maybe see you there in October. Happy rallying.

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
Hello. I don’t think that it matters. We went to last years Halloween rally in the FoD. Our 9yr old was the only child there and everyone made him feel very welcome and very much part of the party. My advice is sign up for any rally and you will find that most folks on here are dead friendly. We chose Halloween because there was plenty of attractions within bicycle range if boredom set in. It didn’t.
Maybe see you there in October. Happy rallying.
Yea Irember the lad, he was covered in mud after a long bike ride. I gave him some chocolates that I won in the Raffle.
Glad you enjoyed the meet.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Our two oldest grandkids have lived with us since birth, now 16 and 14. Travelled in the motorhome all their lives and almost grown up with motorhome fun, rallies and the motorhome shows. Some shows and rallies are better suited for kids and obviously have things for them to do. Thinking mainly like Malvern for the Western show, Stratford because lots to do in town and by the river.

Rallies like Thetford have been a favourite as a large safe area to play in, explore in the forest etc. Last year our Matty was camping out in his bivvy and shooting his BB gun at target, he did take a drone but it crash landed :doh:.
At the 3 FFF rally he was taught how to fish.
Even on rallies with no kids they have mixed well with adults, anyone with a dog seems favourite and I personally think they have developed their social skills by meeting so many people.

Our 2 have just reached that age where its starting to tail off a bit now and would rather sit on their phones all day, plus the eldest now has a part time job between college so the golden days are fading. However we have all the photos and some great memories (y)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Good evening! I have been scrolling through the rallies for the upcoming year and was wondering if any of the rallies are more family friendly than others....we have an 11 year old and haven't been on any rallies yet. Not really sure what to expect!
You are more than welcome at the Easter rally at @quakers, Woodside field. I cannot promise other children but at least a few days out in the countryside. Usually children on rallies are made a fuss of and at the age of your son, can enjoy being a helping hand.
I would be able to drop you in my car to Yate and the metrobus terminal for Bristol for a day there.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
You are more than welcome at the Easter rally at @quakers, Woodside field. I cannot promise other children but at least a few days out in the countryside. Usually children on rallies are made a fuss of and at the age of your son, can enjoy being a helping hand.
I would be able to drop you in my car to Yate and the metrobus terminal for Bristol for a day there.

I'll even let him/them wash and polish my van if that's any help AND there's one or two things on us oldies computers that need fixing by someone his age? :rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back