Fakenham market (North Norfolk) (1 Viewer)

Dec 13, 2013
peterborough
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
just started
Thursday is market day in Fakenham, we went last week and found it a very enjoyable morning. The center of the town is closed to traffic and there was a very pleasant atmosphere throughout. Wide range of stalls with everything you would expect.

There is also a regular auction every thursday (Fakenham auction in google and you can find photos of the lots) it also had a big flea market attached, both well worth a look.

Easy parking on the auction houses car park for £2 with space for big vans.

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Try Keys auctioneers at Aylsham as well. I worked there as an auctioneer for 33 years, the country market is held on a Monday as is the town market and you've got the Bure Valley railway to Wroxham and Blickling Hall 2 miles down the rud. Loads of parking as well. Nothing against Fakenham or James Beck. I just love our lil tarn of Elsham

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
That's interesting @Foxy1956. When we moved to Norfolk in 84 and bought a property near Kings Lynn we stocked the place with stuff bought at Aylsham auctions, on a Monday if I remember right. Utility furniture, radiators, china and glass as well as garden plants and other assorted junk. We used to pick mother up in North Elmham on the way, gave her a day out and she stocked her very large garden from there. I remember the guy who did the garden auction, wasn't you was it? :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
That's interesting @Foxy1956. When we moved to Norfolk in 84 and bought a property near Kings Lynn we stocked the place with stuff bought at Aylsham auctions, on a Monday if I remember right. Utility furniture, radiators, china and glass as well as garden plants and other assorted junk. We used to pick mother up in North Elmham on the way, gave her a day out and she stocked her very large garden from there. I remember the guy who did the garden auction, wasn't you was it? :)
I started at Keys 1n 1983 in the produce sale. I started off as "Where's that bladdy bor,'" and finished up as a consultant with an MBE. Very happy days, but Norfolk is so changed, but still a luverly Plaice.

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Do you remember the outside sale? Held on old tables. It was called the deadstock sale.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Remember them well, first port of call then the bikes and the odd motor or two before going inside. Later still inside for the garden stuff. The old car used to go home choc-a-bloc. We are still using one of the five gold towel rads we bought for around £70, must be mid to late eighties.

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
Remember them well, first port of call then the bikes and the odd motor or two before going inside. Later still inside for the garden stuff. The old car used to go home choc-a-bloc. We are still using one of the five gold towel rads we bought for around £70, must be mid to late eighties.
Sadly the deadstock is long gone, but there is still a commercial auction which all the Old characters come too. I finished a year ago, hence Sue's disability scooter. Our house is full of auction goodies.

OP
OP
P
Dec 13, 2013
peterborough
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
just started
We stayed at Four Acre Farm, a CCC CS site. Was quiet and very pleasant and we would go again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back