fake honda eu20i genarators ebay (1 Viewer)

georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
Been looking to get a new gennie for my motorhome, ended up getting a honda ex650 top condition
for £250, had one before excellent machine bullet proof. but noticed on ebay new Super Silent 2-KW DIGITAL INVERTER GASOLINE GENERATOR 4 Stroke. looks like a copy of the honda eu20i but they call it the usr ev20i, there selling on ebay for around £339 with free shipping from china, was nearly going to buy one but thought twice about it. has anyone ever had one or know anything about them, tried all forums to see if I could get any reviews. but nothing comes up ?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Kipor also a Honda copy, also made in China, Chinese engineering is slowly improving the trouble is so many are part made by backyard homeworkers with little or no skill or equipement so holes are not drilled square etc, not easy to replacement parts to fit.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Never seen a drill make a square hole yet :LOL:

Find a GOOD seller of quality carpenter tools...

They sell a drill that cuts a clean square hole for "Mortice" locks and the like....

No more drilling loads of little round holes and ages with a mallet and wood chissel ... (y):)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
No, not a router..

A driller that fits in any hand drill, drills hole and cuts away the sides at the same time.. (y)

$(KGrHqR,!l4FBBsGrpJlBRdKKTg18g~~60_35.JPG

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
ok smartarse, hee hee actually you can drill a square hole with a triangular drill and square guide plate. been there and done that so there.

That looks posh and expensive..:(

Mines cheap`ish and works... (y)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
that's a mortice chisel Mo for wood only.

That`s all I want to drill.... Wood...(y)

If it`s concrete or brick.... a Lump hammer and a chiswell gets thrust in her hand... ;)

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
So, would that chinese genny power an electric screwdriver?

........did u see wot I did there:ROFLMAO:

Would that be an 'electric screwdriver' or a rechargeable battery operated drill if the later would a battery drill have enough power to drill a square hole say 6" square?

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I was once told "Buying a cheap but inferior product is a false economy since it will need replacement" - Granted it will work, but for how long.

For the OP - we bought a gennie ( Honda 10i ) and if I'm honest I think we have used it 2 times in 3 years ( and we have to LUG it around with us!!! ). As many on here will tell you ( I did not take the advise and should have ) get an extra battery or two and have solar panel/panels fitted to you MH. This is by far the best option.

trueblue2k2

Free Member
Sep 8, 2014
Funster No
MH
Revcon King 33 ft class A
Exp
5 years
Been looking to get a new gennie for my motorhome, ended up getting a honda ex650 top condition
for £250, had one before excellent machine bullet proof. but noticed on ebay new Super Silent 2-KW DIGITAL INVERTER GASOLINE GENERATOR 4 Stroke. looks like a copy of the honda eu20i but they call it the usr ev20i, there selling on ebay for around £339 with free shipping from china, was nearly going to buy one but thought twice about it. has anyone ever had one or know anything about them, tried all forums to see if I could get any reviews. but nothing comes up ?

I expect that USR is a Chinese factory manufacturing the Honda line of generators under license. Some of the USR web pages show units with the Honda name and model number visible. http://www.usrwelding.cn/productgrouplist-220559754/Honda_Generator.html
That's not to say that cheap knock-offs don't ever happen, but this looks genuine. The ads also state simply that the Eu20i is the same generator as Ev20i. As expected, they avoided my 'Honda' email question by referring me to their product page.
Honda has also had outboard motors made in China under the 'SAIL' brand for several years ..... also identical in appearance. Some Chinese factories under license also sell quantities of name brand items that they make sans the name; very common with popular electronic devices. I'm not sure of how or why this all happens, only that it is common and a real boon for bargain hunters, since the quality remains the same as the OEM (Honda in this case). I would go for one, but shipping cost to Canada is like $250

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back