LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I know someone who uses the term porkley struck me as apt (was not referring to you of course). Looks nice there have never venturedv further than Croatis but might give it a try.QUOTE]

To be honest, in a way Bulgaria is like Morocco. You are very wealthy or skint. The wealthy ones do not mind flaunting it and the Russians love the Black Sea resorts as they can flaunt there wealth without anyone asking embarrassing questions of where they got it. I like the simplicity of the place and the glorious weather. The strange thing is, they only have a 2 month tourist season, July and August, but the actual weather is good from beginning of April until November where we are. In the 30s today and still a bit to hot for me.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well thats the end of this little jaunt. The banger is packed and ready for the return trip to the UK via a few motorhome dealers in Germany. It should be an interesting week.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
So we left Liverpool on Thursday evening and drove down to Crewe to spend the night with my daughter. Left Crewe early Friday morning and caught the 12 o'clock ferry to Dunkirk, then a blast down to Namour where we stayed in what can best be described as one of Formula 1s dog kennels. I will never use Formula 1 again, horrible place. Instead of meandering down to Munich, as were not booked in at the Olympia Park until Sunday we decided to drive directly to Munich and as its as hot as the hobs of hell, get some beer. Thats where we are now. The old banger has behaved impeccably since leaving Liverpool and has now covered over 800 miles in a day and a half. Averaging 53.3 MPG. at between 70 and 90 MPH all the way. Eat your heart out Buttons :). We are staying here till Wednesday, sampling the local liquid delicacies.
This sounds like my kind of trip Snowman no pomp just get up and go. The closes that I have been to Istanbul is 35000 ft it looks nice from that distance.
Enjoy your trip, hope that old Skoda has some A/C keep us posted.....:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
This sounds like my kind of trip Snowman no pomp just get up and go. The closes that I have been to Istanbul is 35000 ft it looks nice from that distance.
Enjoy your trip, hope that old Skoda has some A/C keep us posted.....:)

On the way back tomorrow Buttons. No A/C in the banger, but it does have climate control. Surely you didnt expect me to own a bog standard Skoda, its an Elegance :).

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
On the way back tomorrow Buttons. No A/C in the banger, but it does have climate control. Surely you didnt expect me to own a bog standard Skoda, its an Elegance :).
That has buggered it, spoilt my fantasy of perspiration running down your face all the windows wound down in your rickety old skoda sun glasses slipping off of your nose and now you tell me it has climate control. ;)

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Not only did the banger make it to southern Bulgaria and back with another 1000 miles running around sightseeing whilst there it did a tour of German motorhome dealers on the way back and even took a detour on the way up from Dover to the dark side of the Penines to look at a panel van on the way home. 6500 miles in a £1000 car and never put a drop of oil or water in it on the whole journey. We are now home and I will never make fun of Skodas again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Pick up our brand spanking new Yeti on Thursday.
Sold the 2000 Fabia shopping trolley before we left PT a few weeks ago,bet it will still be going in another 10 years.
Hope the new one is half as good.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Instead of opening a new thread I thought it best to resurrect this old one. The old Skoda is still alive and well, although its been on a sorn for over a year now. My semi tame professor has decided against a new Tesla as his means of transport in Geneva and has asked if I could get the old Skoda MOTd and drive it out to him. I knew the battery would be goosed, so bought a new battery and blew up the tyres and it fired up straight away. Took it for test and had to put a pair of wipers on it. So on Saturday am off to Geneva with the old girl, having a week eating well with a guided tour of CERN and flying home next Sunday. It looks like I will not be getting my hands on those diplomatic plates after all, they will be going on a 16 year old Skoda with neigh on 200000 miles on the clock. Thats half the problem nowadays, we throw things away before they are half worn out. I think that old Skoda will still be going strong long after I am gone.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back