LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I doubt it will do any good but unless things are tried there is no point in moaning about our lot...

just received the following mail. If you have not signed up yet, please do so.. Costs nowt bar a couple of minutes of time, and at least, if the debate is forced, people will be heard.

Dear FairFuelUK Supporter

Thanks to the fabulous help of our supporters we are now only 3,400 signatures short of the 100,000 required to trigger a full Parliamentary debate on the scandalous price of petrol and diesel. We are trying to hit the 100,000 target before the Conservative Party Conference this weekend, hence this email. If you haven’t already signed at Link Removed please do so now. If you are at work, might you be able to ask colleagues to sign? If you are at home, how about family members of friends?

Please understand that this vital ePetition is on the Governments own computers and website. That means we have no record of which of our supporters has signed. This is why we have had to send out several messages like this one over recent weeks. If you have any problems signing up to the Government's ePetition website, please go to www.fairfueluk.com/epetitionproblems.html

Kind regards

The FairFuelUK team

Link Removed

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
did done dusted! (ssssshhhhh! and you still owe me a beer!)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
They've been 3400 signatures short now for the last three years.

A complete waste of time IMHO

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
They've been 3400 signatures short now for the last three years.

A complete waste of time IMHO

Proly will be a waste of time and if what you say is true then it just goes to show how apathetic people are in the UK..

Great at moaning and complaining but actually taking a couple or seconds to try and do something about it ? Nahhh.. Not worth the effort

But............

It is interesting though.. The petition has a maximum life of 12 months.. and today ( just this very second ) they are now only 1,536 signatures short so I guess there must have been a sudden spurt !

Perhaps the one you refer to has failed and this new one, started in August this year ( so a couple of months ago ) seems to be doing quite well.. Come on, spend those 20 seconds and get signed up.. At least it will give you the moral right to moan about the high fuel tax we have to pay

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
And only 1518 more needed now !!
Cheers peeps !:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Signed up.

Like you say Jaws, apathy gets you nowt.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Thanks guys.. only 1085 more needed now.. Getting bloody close !

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
only just over 800 left now !!

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Now only 530 to go !!

W.D., are you sure about what you posted ?

What is happening seems to be absolutely the opposite mate..
Perhaps it was another type of petition ?
There was one running under the labour govt but it was a joke.. All that would happen on the closing date was a statement would be issued answering the question / complaint..

This new system put in place by the latest lot, means that as soon as the required figure is met it automatically triggers a debate ( not an early motion** or PM question, nor a back bench statement, but a full blown debate )

For those who are unsure, :

Early day motions (EDMs) are formal motions submitted for debate in the House of Commons. However, very few EDMs are actually debated.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Youre a one man Chief Whip Jaws.::bigsmile:

Well done:thumb:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Cheers :thumb: And now less than 200 required so desperately close !

Remember, just a few months ago 100,000 signatures were needed.

Reckon this will be a done deal over the weekend :thumb:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Great stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only 18 left to go !

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just a follow up for all the guys and gals who spared a few seconds to get signed up to the cause..
The following is cut and pasted directly from the email:

On Friday 30th October and in just 8 weeks, we reached the 100,000 signature count on the Government ePetition at Link Removed. This is a vital step in our ongoing campaign to get a better deal on fuel duty. Reaching this 100,000 threshold means that we are now eligible for a full debate in Parliament on this vital issue.

Thank you for all your help and support.

So what happens next? On 11th October, the Member of Parliament championing the FairFuelUK campaign in Parliament, Robert Halfon MP, will formally submit our request for the debate. We will let you know what happens at that meeting.

There is now no further need for people to sign up on the Government ePetition site as we have already reached the required 100,000. However, we are continuing to ask people to sign up to our own website www.fairfueluk.com . Over the coming weeks, we will be asking our supporters to contact their MPs in the run up to the debate to encourage every MP to play an active part and to add their own weight to the battle. The more people that continue to sign at www.fairfueluk.com , the more impact we can have. So please continue to pass on details about FairFuelUK.

Reaching the 100,000 is a major milestone in our campaign. We know that many local and regional press releases picked up the news. However, we were a little disappointed that the national media outlets did not pick it. This shows just how vital it is to keep the pressure on if we are to keep the issue of cheaper petrol & diesel high up the media and political agendas.

Once again, thank you for your support, without which, none of the above would be possible,

Kind regards,

Quentin Willson & The FairFuelUK team

http://www.fairfueluk.com

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back