Failure to renew licence photo could result in £1k fine (1 Viewer)

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
A Cynical thought

Blimey, I think I will stick to mugging old ladies, you only get a slapped wrist for that.

Doug...

I have just had a very cynical thought....................

I wonder if the punishment (fines) is so high because they (Gov) think they might get it and mugging old ladies is a just a warning because the offender will have no money and it costs to put them in jail??

In other words we are being used by the justice system as cash cows!!!

Doug...

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
My licence expires on 16th January. I sent everything back within 2 days of getting the forms, even though they sent me the wrong form and I then had to phone to ensure the form I knew I needed was the right one; and I printed it myself because they said it would take 2-3 weeks to send em me through the post.

I now have to attend an eye test undertaken by the DSA at my local test centre to ensure I can read a number plate at 20m or 20.5m if a new style plate LOL (I can ... ) but the DSA swear they haven't heard anything from the DVLA however the DVLA say they faxed the DSA on 22 November ........

So just before Xmas I rang the DVLA and asked for a cover note, which does say on it, that once my licence expires on 16th, the cover note is OK in UK but probably not acceptable to drive abroad on. Just as well I'm not planning on doing so .......

No idea how long this farce will take!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
No idea how long this farce will take!

This is the part that shocked me. I renewed online (eventually) on a Thursday and got the new licence on the Sunday. Sunday you might ask? Yep - hand delivered by a private cab firm:Eeek:

What's that all about?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan
I got my first licence Dec 1970 when I joined 12 training Regt RCT at Buller barracks Aldershot and had to change to the paper one.
I still keep it, it has a special place in my heart I will not change from the paper one until Im 70 that will save me a few quid

Attachments

• licence.JPG
    licence.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 3

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi john. i take it you dont have hgv licence then. as if you did it would need replacing every five years after the age of 45. thats the killer and the medical costs .
used o walk through your camp to get to the church or somertimes go to town. i was in st omer barracks . i was there when they blew up the para barracks in 72.bit of a mess. bet you had a few in the globetrotter .

Sep 10, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 309
Exp
since 2011 but years in a caravan
hi john. i take it you dont have hgv licence then. as if you did it would need replacing every five years after the age of 45. thats the killer and the medical costs .
used o walk through your camp to get to the church or somertimes go to town. i was in st omer barracks . i was there when they blew up the para barracks in 72.bit of a mess. bet you had a few in the globetrotter .
Hi Alan the globetrotter hmm sure did when we where let out :Smile:
Let my hgv licence lapse

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back