Failed caravan owner becomes motorhome owner. (1 Viewer)

JerryL770

Free Member
Oct 29, 2021
East, or is it N. Northants?
Funster No
MH
AutotrailCheyenne635
Exp
-3 weeks from Nov 2021. Caravaning from 2010 till 2918
As the title, we sold our caravan April this year for about £3k more than we would have got for it a year earlier. :giggle: One of the few benefits (for me) of the pandemic! One of my hobbies is aeromodelling and my local club likes to hold weekend fly-ins with members camping in their caravans or whatever and enjoying a fun filled w/e. We were missing out so one of the campers offered us their motorhome to buy as they had upgraded(?) to a later caravan. I was persuaded that we needed it.

So we bought their 2000 vintage Fiat based Autotrail Cheyenne 635. I have most of its service history which is good but we have not been off in it yet - not taxed till 1st Nov. I spent a whole day cleaning the outside of accumulated green algae and it looks much better now. I also removed the useless Sunpulse so called fuel saver device (I found this forum searching for info there of) - it was installed on top of the van battery and completely corroded inside and further useless!

Another "upgrade" on this motorhome appears to be a Goldcruise cruise control device, but I have no information on it, i.e. how or if it works. I have found a company which sells and fits these devices now, but they cannot identify the type from the pictures I have sent. I need to get to the diesel pump and follow bowden cables to the throttle butterfly to photograph the actuator for them to ID the type. I know not where these are, they are not just under the bonnet!! Maybe then they can ID the unit an get me some instructions.

Then we will be away in our motorhome soon.

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Hi and welcome, pictures would help of the device and of your new to you van, well done 👍🏻

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Greetings, have fun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hoovie

Free Member
May 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
As the title, we sold our caravan April this year for about £3k more than we would have got for it a year earlier. :giggle: One of the few benefits (for me) of the pandemic! One of my hobbies is aeromodelling and my local club likes to hold weekend fly-ins with members camping in their caravans or whatever and enjoying a fun filled w/e. We were missing out so one of the campers offered us their motorhome to buy as they had upgraded(?) to a later caravan. I was persuaded that we needed it.

So we bought their 2000 vintage Fiat based Autotrail Cheyenne 635. I have most of its service history which is good but we have not been off in it yet - not taxed till 1st Nov. I spent a whole day cleaning the outside of accumulated green algae and it looks much better now. I also removed the useless Sunpulse so called fuel saver device (I found this forum searching for info there of) - it was installed on top of the van battery and completely corroded inside and further useless!

Another "upgrade" on this motorhome appears to be a Goldcruise cruise control device, but I have no information on it, i.e. how or if it works. I have found a company which sells and fits these devices now, but they cannot identify the type from the pictures I have sent. I need to get to the diesel pump and follow bowden cables to the throttle butterfly to photograph the actuator for them to ID the type. I know not where these are, they are not just under the bonnet!! Maybe then they can ID the unit an get me some instructions.

Hello :)
I also have an Autotrail 635 Motorhome (Love the layout :D ), but mine is on a newer (2008) Fiat chassis.

Goldcruise cruise controls are very good. I have factory cruise on my Autotrail, but I have installed a Goldcruise quite a while back on the RAV4 I had and I found it better than any factory CC system I have had (y) If you can get it working, chances are you will like it!

I am guessing the company you found was Conrad-Anderson? they are generally very knowledgable. If it was not them you found, for sure give them a call :) GoldCruise is a Dutch product - maybe the original makers can provide some info? I might still have the info on the GoldCruise kits somewhere (fitted it 15 year ago though) so maybe post a picture here? (I actually still have the kit in fact. Took it off the car when I part-ex'ed it back in 2010).

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley

OP
OP
JerryL770

JerryL770

Free Member
Oct 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
AutotrailCheyenne635
Exp
Thanks, but it us definitely not that one. see below
Hi and welcome, pictures would help of the device and of your new to you van, well done 👍🏻
Coming up.
Hello :)
I also have an Autotrail 635 Motorhome (Love the layout :D ), but mine is on a newer (2008) Fiat chassis.

Goldcruise cruise controls are very good. I have factory cruise on my Autotrail, but I have installed a Goldcruise quite a while back on the RAV4 I had and I found it better than any factory CC system I have had (y) If you can get it working, chances are you will like it!

I am guessing the company you found was Conrad-Anderson? they are generally very knowledgable. If it was not them you found, for sure give them a call :) GoldCruise is a Dutch product - maybe the original makers can provide some info? I might still have the info on the GoldCruise kits somewhere (fitted it 15 year ago though) so maybe post a picture here? (I actually still have the kit in fact. Took it off the car when I part-ex'ed it back in 2010).
Thanks for that. Yes it is Conrad-Anderson I found but they could not fully advise the likely model from the pictures I sent. I have just sent the second picture here and await response on Monday, I expect. They wanted a picture of the actuator on the throttle body of the engine but despite crawling under the jacked up vehicle, I could not see it. Maybe the second picture here helps. As said, I have no idea when the CC was fitted but likely at least 15 years ago.

So, thanks to all for the welcomes, I have yet to drive the MH any distance.
Dashboard control
20211029_120529s.jpg

Under the dashboard
20211030_150345s.jpg

Cheers all, Jerry

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
:welcome4:from Merseyside
Hope you get things sorted, lots of people know loafs of stuff on here, which is great for me ad I know nowt.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Well done,just a shout to say we used to get far more threads for this type of required assistance and it’s great to see it come together.

It was only a 60 sec Google,it's a bit like 'Catch phrase' say what you see,put the right things in and you'll usually get the right answer 👍 Having spent 10 years in the parts department of a John Deere dealer I got quite good at working out what the farmers actually wanted 😀

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
(y) :hiya2: :welcomesign:

Hoovie

Free Member
May 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
FWIW, my Goldcruise kit was the drive-by-wire type rather than the vaccum version (depends on vehicle what is possible to fit).
I think Conrad-Anderson will be able to help as they get all the info (I found them very helpful when I was fitting me. Had a slightly confused moment working out what was what when installing mine due to lying on the driver's seat upside down with head in footwell, thereby everything was like a mirror image to the diagram!)

OP
OP
JerryL770

JerryL770

Free Member
Oct 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
AutotrailCheyenne635
Exp
thanks for all the welcomes, much appreciated.

That looks like the blighter, thank you very much.

Yes, google is an amazing tool as is t'net, used properly.

I expect the chap at Conrad-Anderson will come back to me with advice though he did say he thought they did not have any digital copies of instructions (for old CC systems). I will point him right if so.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Jerry

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010

Electric or glow???

Nerdy I know! but I bet there are as many ex model flyers as boat owners!(recent thread)

have been both! Went sailing yesterday!

Cheers James

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back