F1 testing & Barcelona sites (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Not sure which heading to ask this so hopefully will be read by some F1 enthusiasts who can help. We are in Spain at the moment but not in the van, we will be taking a caravan back to the UK that we have used on a site for a couple of years & as we enjoy F1 though we would go via Barcelona & watch a days testing (26th Feb to 1st March). So would like to know if anyone has been and is it worth going. Also as we will be towing the caravan is there any campsites near the Circuit that would be open. I presume there is camping at the Circuit on race days but didn't think there would be any for testing. Any advice would be appreciated.

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
My brother in law goes there for the testing and for the race every year and really enjoys it. It's on the north side of Barcelona but don't know of any campsites close by...if you have Campercontact there are some parking places with mixrd reviews...but I guess they might be pretty full for the tests and the race. Public transport in and around Barcelona is fantastic and very cheap. Enjoy(y):D

Mar 1, 2014
North Lincs
Funster No
MH
Rapido V53
Exp
We went last year for the testing and are going back this year for the second session in March. We stopped at Camping Barcelona Mataro which is probably not going to help you as it opens on 1st March.
One guy in a motorhome next to us at the official circuit car park said he stopped there over night with no problem
Be aware though that the area around the Barcelona circuit is notorious for thieves, we had our van (PVC) broken into via the rear windows whilst parked in the same car park in broad daylight! We are not going to park, as directed, reversed up to that hedge again this year!!
The break in has not however put us off because we had two wonderful days there, even the wife enjoyed it. Entry tickets can be bought at the gate and once in, one can access most areas including some grandstands for free.
Just hoping the Mclaren can pull their finger out this year!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Edenside
Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Thank you @Richard and Marie. We are down near Salou at present & could just drive up for the day but as we are intending to go home at the beginning of March I thought it would be better to camp nearer the Circuite so we could go in for more than one day if we enjoyed it.

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Hi Just left Barcelona. Stayed at City Stop Barcelona. Very handy for tube into the city and shops nearby. Reasonably expensive but secure with hook-up, clean toilets and showers included. 2 good days there.

OP
OP
Edenside
Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Hi @Nik is City Stop Barcelona a camp site or Aires as we will be towing a caravan with a car not in the van this time so definitely need a camp site. If it is a campsite do you have sat nav details or directions. Many thanks

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Hi @ED.
It is purely a Motorhome Aire with marked bays BUT
It was empty when we were there a week ago so might be worth emailing to see if they accept caravans. you can find details in ' All the Aires' or searchforsites.co.uk
Best of luck and safe travels.
Cheers Nik

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Hi Just left Barcelona. Stayed at City Stop Barcelona. Very handy for tube into the city and shops nearby. Reasonably expensive but secure with hook-up, clean toilets and showers included. 2 good days there.

Nice to hear a report on it as my mate will be using it for 5 days from Wednesday coming.
I laughed at your "reasonably expensive " :D

OP
OP
Edenside
Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Update on my message re F1 testing did find a campsite open but it quoted 80euros for 2 nights so decided to leave caravan in storage & get a hotel near Barcelona. Now in Calella 3 people half board 131 euros. For that we get 2 large rooms both with 2 double beds in both 6 breakfasts & 6 evening meals & its lovely & warm. Was 5 deg at the track today we stayed till 5pm but left when it started to snow. Hotel forecasting a storm tonight so may just sit it out in the hotel.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back