Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Ezzie is not to well at the moment...not sure what is wrong... off to the vets in an hour.. ezzie is off her food.. been sick and even turns her milk and treats down...

Have been treating her long standing ear infections... but she feels very warm to normal... hope the Vet can sort her out this afternoon... so hard when they cannot tell you what is wrong or where they have a pain etc.,

Bob:cry::cry::cry::cry:

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Hope all is well keep us posted.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
always worrying when our furry family are not well. hope its something simple and ezzie bounces back quickly

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Ohhhh. Sending her a hug. Mx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
waiting on Sue to get back from the vets

I know she has had an antibiotic jab and is on tablets...

Vet thinks she underlying Pyometria??? infection.. womb... gums are good colour.. if they get darker then we need to worry... had to get more ear drops..

ÂŁ56.73p without the tablets... Which we hold in stock ..same with metacalm pain killer for travelling.

Not as bad as it could be...

She is on 1,000 ml of antibiotics form tomorrow, twice a day... off red meat .. chicken in rice it seems.

Have to keep an eye on her this coming weekend.

But she is under the weather.

Bob

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Bob dont want to worry you, but please be ultra vigilant as far as watching ezzie's condition is concerned. We've lost a bitch to Pyometria (womb infection) before, she died within hours despite the vets efforts . Also another 2 had to have emergency hystorectomies to save their lives

Its not just a case of antibiotics will definitely cure the infection, so watch out for discharge or any change in condition or consciousness. She and of course you are in our thoughts at this time

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Bob, it might be a good idea to spend a little time today or tomorrow finding a vet local to the show ground, that does weekend work. Get phone number and map location, or maybe one that could do emergency call out if necessary. Best to think ahead. I turn into even more of a basket case than normal when any of mine are ill. Not saying you are same of course.:Smile:

Wow, I've just read up on this. Not good, not good at all. This will be a worry.

Last edited:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Bob, it might be a good idea to spend a little time today or tomorrow finding a vet local to the show ground, that does weekend work. Get phone number and map location, or maybe one that could do emergency call out if necessary. Best to think ahead. I turn into even more of a basket case than normal when any of mine are ill. Not saying you are same of course.:Smile:

Wow, I've just read up on this. Not good, not good at all. This will be a worry.

personally I would not even consider going away in the van if my dogs are seriously unwell. I know that I am 17 minutes away from my vets (12 if I break the speed limit) and they are the people I know and trust my dog's life to. I certainly would not be rellying on any vet in an unknown area that I (and my dog) had never met and didnt know or have access to the clinical records of my dogs.

In January this year (new years day) we had to rush one of ours to the emergency out of hours vets. They didnt know the medical history or particularly want to help when our dog collapsed. Xrays were taken that were of poor quality and the dog waqs given an injection of anti inflamatories, then we were sent away to see our own vet when they opened next day. It turned out that she had a cancerous growth on her pancreas and liver that was pulling on nerves. Poor little mite must of been in agony but got no pain killers until our vet examined her. She died 2 weeks later whilst being operated on to remove the cancer or at least relieve the pain and give her more time.:cry:

so I certainly wouldnt trust any other vet again unless it was a true emergency. The dog's health and happiness comes first, and there is always another time we can go away in the van

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Get well soon Ezzie Bob and Sue I know how you are feeling at the moment:hug: to both of you

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
We had a GSD with this 20 years back

We had a full blown one of these 20 years back on a GSD.. so know what it is like.. Our vet is happy for her to be out.. We will monitor it over the next few days.. we have ample antibiotics with us... and if there is any risk we will go nowhere. Tummy is soft .. that is good.. the gums are the right colour so that is good. She has had a large dose of antibiotics by injection... had some chicken and rice just now and still asked fro a treat from her box.. that is good.

But we would not risk Ezzie for all the tea in China....

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Bob

May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
Hi

We are thinking of you all and especially Ezzie. Hope all turns out ok BOB. Really can't be doing with the dogs being unwell at all. They are part of us. Please keep us posted on how 'the little one' is doing.

Love to you all

Lee

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hope the tablets start to do their work quickly and Ezzie starts to get better.

bmb1uk

Free Member
Jan 1, 2010
LEICS
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Had the same wiith our ellie, who's over 12, discharging a lot , but now running around like a pup , good luck BAZ.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
the vets jab is kicking in

The injection the vet administrated has started to kick in and Ezzie seems a lot better... in her usual place snoring on the settee.. we start on the 1000 ml of tablets x twice a day from the morning.. for the next 4 days...

I hate to see her suffer, she is our world...

Bob

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Hi Bob!
We're sorry to hear about Ezzie, but are keeping everything crossed that she will soon show signs of improvement.
We know what it's like when your best four-legged friend is under the weather.
Do keep us posted!
Margaret & Bill

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I wonder if larger dogs can hold off the full effects of Pyometra longer/better than smaller dogs? My Springer went downhill very, very quickly--just got her to the vet in time. Emergency hysterectomy, touch and go for a day, then she bounced back.
Glad the anti-bs are kicking in. Imagine life without them! Hope Ezzie makes a really fast recovery.

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
Having 3 furbabies ourself, we can well understand your concerns re Ezzie. Really hope that tomorrow she will be greatly improved.
I, for one, would rather be ill myself than any of our doggies.....hugs to her. Ana x

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Oh poor Ezzie. I do hope she's better soon and there's plenty of time before Stratford. You will know if she's up to it or not when that time comes. Fingers crossed she's better soon. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I don't know how we manage to let our dogs pull on our heart strings, but we are all guilty of it. :Smile:

I am glad to read that Ezzie has responded to the injection Bob, and hope that she makes a full recovery. :thumb:

All the best over the next few days,

Jock

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Hope Ezzie is feeling better today Jane and Bob :thumb:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
WE are in France this year

Oh poor Ezzie. I do hope she's better soon and there's plenty of time before Stratford. You will know if she's up to it or not when that time comes. Fingers crossed she's better soon. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Ivy, we will not be at Stratford this year.. we are at Newbury this week ..and we head to France for June over the bank holiday weekend. But we have a good Vet we use in France should we need him and I can be back at the tunnel in 90 minutes.

But this morning she seems a lot happier.. has had her milk, some cheese with 2 500 mil antibiotic tablets and a couple of treats.. been out doing her favourite patrol of the fence where the fox come through..even got a wag of the tail when I said good morning to her.. which is what I did not get while she was really under the weather.

Fingers cross.. she seems to be bouncing back.. I am sure she will be her old self at Newbury.. plenty of slobber as a lot of you know.

Thanks to all of you that have given me comfort ...

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back