Eyewatering quote from Saga (2 Viewers)

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Hi my coachbuilt is on a 2009 transit chassis, I've found some insurers load ford, comfort has the ford question on the first page guess what double the price. I've use CMC for 5 years £230 at moment to cover £31k (agreed value). Thier price hasn't changed much in 5 years. Does depend alot on postcode lottery.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Give LV= a try I’ve just moved to them best quote out of the main MH insures.😊👍
Strangely I just Moved the "Toad" insurance from them to Direct Line.? They beat my renewal by £40.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
I wish I was only paying £460. Living in Liverpool am lucky to insure anything much under a grand. My fifth wheel outfit is £900, add to this £600 for an old pickup truck that does less than 3000 miles per year and a Smartcar at £500 per year. Postcode lottery springs to mind with insurance. I dare not think how much I pay for my motorbikes and flathead V8 powered hotrod.

I was thinking that, mine is registered in Rochdale cost £640 for 6m PVC, 15000 mile limit.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Having just scrolled through all the replies with their diverse range of recommendations and premiums it just confirms that insurance is a lucky dip necessitating the annual ring around for quotes.
IME all ins co's give an introductory discount for the first year for new customers and rip off the loyal ones.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
How strange! Everyone seems to get different quotes from same insurance company. I got quotes for my PHEV Mitsubushi renewal from AA. £728. Saga. £652. CCC. Ridiculous. Go compare Santander £361 01
I have max NCB and I did check that it was like for like. Same thing with the MH. Got it from Lifesure £396.21 best that I could find.
I expect to change next year they seem to appreciate old customers and the van becoming less valuable each year.

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
It's funny what people find cheap or expensive, £365 is a pound a day to keep an expensive item safe.
Many are paying at least twice that to have the latest mobile phone on contract, then 1x again or more to insure that!

Feb 16, 2020
Taunton
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Just renewed This month and my best quote was from CMC at £261 with NCP and legal expenses. I noticed a big difference with a MH valued at 50k, if you go over MH value then insurance conditions and premiums seem much higher. I took seperate breakdown cover to cover more than one vehicle so I took out the CMC Mayday personal cover. There are a lot of cheaper breakdown cover options out there but when you check the reviews some are very poor performing companies. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Tony V

Tony V

Free Member
Jun 5, 2020
Llyn Peninsula, N Wales
Funster No
MH
A/S Amethyst
Exp
newish
Got a good deal from AIB £225. and just over £300 with Europewide breakdown cover [which will be an add-on later]

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Try Advance Insurance brokers - they did a very competitive price for me.
It's very rare that I stay with the same company on renewal. It certainly pays to shop around.

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
It's a postcode lottery.
Comfort was the best price for us with EU breakdown cover.
Before that was SAGA (put their prices up)
I always fish around 5 companies for quotes every year but Comfort have been the best for us 3 years on the trot.

frequent fryer

Free Member
Jun 15, 2020
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Hi does anybody have a recommendation for standalone brown cover for a Wentworth please? Its slightly bigger than the standard measurements which is what's causing me the problems. Thanks for your help - I'm an ever grateful newbie!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back