Extra storage in a panel van conversion (1 Viewer)

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
As we spend up to 180 days away at a time we are always looking for extra storage space in our Timberland.

After much searching we came up with the following.

St2.jpg

St3.jpg

St6.jpg

We have not decided yet how to secure them during travel we will experiment once we have filled the draws.

For those interested the storage sets are available from Argos Spring/Summer catalogue Page 1028 ref 875/3373. Silver Draws.

I'm sure we will find them very useful.

Don

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO: The pooch would not like the first one it will block the heater:ROFLMAO::thumb:
terry

M

michaelc

Deleted User
In answer

Hi Don, we had to find extra storage in our panel van and ended up with cargo nets as used in landrovers on the side and rear doors, we found that there was no space for boxes after trying with them for a few weeks, In the end we picked up a roof rack and box and all the storage issues ended over night.
Michael

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Hi Don

Where you 2 off to this time? :thumb:

We have similar but I thought the one you got to be too tall for stability.

I have the drawers filled with items with the heavy ones in the bottom drawer. Once filled it is faily stable, but to make sure we also mount it on 1 of the non slip mats. I also considered a strap fastened at the dash end but it hasn't been necessary for ours.

Keith

OP
OP
Don Madge

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Hi Don, we had to find extra storage in our panel van and ended up with cargo nets as used in landrovers on the side and rear doors, we found that there was no space for boxes after trying with them for a few weeks, In the end we picked up a roof rack and box and all the storage issues ended over night.
Michael

We have a box, its the little bits we want to store.

Don

BackBox-2.jpg

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi don do you have any issues with the timberland you have got? been looking at van conversions nu venture/ trigano / ih etc i like the auto sleeper warwick

ray

OP
OP
Don Madge

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Hi Don

Where you 2 off to this time? :thumb:

We have similar but I thought the one you got to be too tall for stability.

I have the drawers filled with items with the heavy ones in the bottom drawer. Once filled it is faily stable, but to make sure we also mount it on 1 of the non slip mats. I also considered a strap fastened at the dash end but it hasn't been necessary for ours.

Keith

Hi Keith,

We are not off anywhere for the rest of the year except the shows.

Maureen's sister died last week and my mother(97) has terminal cancer, they can't do anything for her because of her age.

If you get to the shows you know where to find us.

Regards to Jean.

Don

OP
OP
Don Madge

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
hi don do you have any issues with the timberland you have got? been looking at van conversions nu venture/ trigano / ih etc i like the auto sleeper warwick

ray

Hi Ray,

We've had the Timberland for nearly five years and done 54,000 miles. Had no problems and we are very happy with it. Done quite a few mods to get it to our liking.

Considering we had to downsize it has all worked out very well.

It seems many people are now going for the van conversions. There are quite a few large late model coachbuilts and A class vans that Timberland have taken in part exchange.

Don

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Someone on here mentioned cargo nets. Where can these be bought and are they expensive?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
cargo nets are commonly used on boats, where people tend to knit their own according to the space available for them, plenty of netting available out there from haynets, fishing nets, garden nets, even net sacks vegetable are in, thrown away by greengrocers, but why not knit your own. It is not difficult and very satisfying to see something you have made.

evans88

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
South Devon
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Thanks Roger. I would'nt know where to start. I live also in sunny Devon. Its pouring here.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back