Extra leisure battery size? (1 Viewer)

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
If you're adding an extra leisure battery to say, 2 x 110ah battery bank does the third battery have to be 110ah, I thought yes, then someone told me it doesn't matter, now I'm confused.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
For balance, all batteries in the same bank should be the same. That also means the same age. It's teamwork and if one is weak, it'll draw the others down to its same performance level. There are ways to keep banks separate but it's complex.
Chances are that your current bank is nearing expiry, so I'd get two fresh ones instead.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Ideally all batteries should be identical but few people choose to afford that. I have an odd battery connected to my other two identical battery's and it dont seem to make an a'porth. What you got to lose? :cheers:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
Doesn't have to be the same size but should be of the same type. Advice is to NOT mix different ages of battery and make sure you have the means to recharge.

Your system will then see your battery bank as a single battery, which should be connected in parallel. ie positive to positive and negative to negative. This assumes that all of your batteries are 12 volt units.

Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back