Extra external storage: temporary & secure? (1 Viewer)

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
When we take the bikes the extra bumpf fills up locker space and is just in the way.
Maybe we can stow the helmets, gloves and pumps in something like a boat dry bag under the Motorhome. With a combo lock to the chassis casual thieving will be avoided.

But what’s the usual Motorhoming solution?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Where does the 'bumph' live normally?

OP
OP
kevenh

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Where does the 'bumph' live normally?
In an overhead locker.
"It" fills that area and has to come out to take the smaller stuff that lives there.
It's mostly the bulky low weight cycle helmets that due to their shape and shell construction waste the most space.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
How about a storage box on the cycle rack?

OP
OP
kevenh

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
How about a storage box on the cycle rack?
That is one avenue to check out (y)
But it would be limited in size due to the bikes typically still being mounted there.
I need to research size options 🤔

I once used a boat dry bag for it's typical purpose & I wondered if it had been tried for this land application.

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Hopefully youll meet my mate Steve this coming weekend, his daughter got you your tickets. He can sort your issues with extending the cycle rack.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Instead of putting the cycle helmets in the OH locker see if you hang them somewhere instead - I like my hats so take a few with me on holiday and hang them on hooks in the washroom where they aren't in the way and don't get squished! I also have some overdoor hooks that go on the washroom door (with padding) for jackets etc and this keeps them out of the way. When we had a Rapido 709F MH, only 5.53m with a fixed transverse bed, storage was tight for some stuff so our canoe paddles lived in the washroom secured in the corner out of the way.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back