kchappy

Free Member
Feb 15, 2011
ireland
Funster No
MH
fiat ecovip
Exp
Howdi, I am a total newbie, got our camper last year and this will be our first trip to France. We live in Ireland so looking forward to some decent roads, only kidding we have some good roads honest I just know that if I can drive here I should be an expert abroad.
My query is we have breakdown assist and that is so basic, is there a package that would cover for the accommodation and transport cost if our camper needs fixing for a few days. With four small kids it could turn out to be a very very expensive holiday if we had to pay for these extras. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanking ye in advance and Sorry if this question has been answered a thousand times.

Mau

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hello and welcome to the site.
We have four young children, too. Please accept our commiserations.

Have a look at this thread about ADAC breakdown insurance:

Link Removed

We've just jumped on the bandwagon and bought the breakdown insurance this afternoon.
It seems to be very highly regarded by just about everyone, everywhere!

There's a download of the handbook in English here: Link Removed (thanks to Braunston) :thumb:

Good luck on your trip to France.

blokarter

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
since 2008
Hi Mau

If you are in ireland you may have insured through Dolmen as I am.

If so, they claim to include european cover with their insurance.

I say claim as I have been unable to get them to supply proof other than an assistance telephone number in a basic booklet about them. Nothing stated in this booklet gave a breakdown of the european cover supplied.

Mark

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
K

kchappy

Free Member
Feb 15, 2011
ireland
Funster No
MH
fiat ecovip
Exp
ADAC Insurance

Thanks to everyone for their assistance re above. The operatives are just lovely. What I cannot understand is that for 79 euro you have the plus membership can insurance be so cheap. At home it is at least 350. Am I missing something. Do I need to have other motorhome insurance on top of this cover.

Thanking ye in advance for the help
Mau

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
It's only breakdown cover, not motor insurance. You still need motor insurance.

Yes it is a lot cheaper than say the AA or RAC covers including European use would be, but we wouldn't pay anywhere near 350 Euros for breakdown cover.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back