Extra Cassette (1 Viewer)

Mar 22, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V line 635se
Exp
Caravanner since 1993
Has anyone found it necessary to have a second cassette tank when touring Europe using Stelplatz

Hi sorry if this isn't in the right place - not sure what Im doing yet on the forum.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I carry a spare one, for slightly different reason as we have a black tank and cant always get to dump at low level, but ever since I bought it 'just in case' we have never needed it, but we can go a few days longer with a black tank (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
No, we find that if used carefully, the 35gal black holding tank will be fine for about three weeks. (y) o_O :emo: :tmi: :makeup:

Upvote 0
Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
We don't carry a spare one but like lots on here we empty at every possible opportunity before leaving the aire/stellplatz.

The downside of this is that the chemicals/bio/whatever else you put in the cassette hasn't always had a chance at breaking everything down :sick:

Err - hope that's not too much info for you, but it's about par for the course for what you'll find on toilet threads on this forum:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
No, there are always places around to empty properly. Would recommend you don't use chemicals tho, Germans are very eco friendly. If you can find a public loo you can empty. just shove the cassette in a holdall to disguise it and clean the loo properly after.

Upvote 0

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We carry a spare cassette but it came with the van. Only used it a couple of times and just stick the full one in the garage until we can empty it. Never any smell in the garage same as there is no smell in the van with the toilet closed because it is the same seal.

Joe

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It would be useful when overnighting in the same place for more than one night. There are a lot of aires in France without services. We tend to give them a miss but sometimes if they are all that is available in a place where we want to stay we will use them. We then have to move the next day to find somewhere to dump. We can last a couple of days with fresh water and "dribbling" will get rid of grey waste :) but we would need a second cassette for the brown waste. (See a doctor if it is black) :) The problem for our PVC is carrying the thing, especially when full. :) I am looking at a towbar mounted storage box but Scrooge is encouraging me to keep my hands in my pockets! The spare cassette itself is over £100 and the box and rack to mount it on could be around £250. Probably cheaper to keep my legs crossed. :)

Upvote 0

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
It would be useful when overnighting in the same place for more than one night. There are a lot of aires in France without services. We tend to give them a miss but sometimes if they are all that is available in a place where we want to stay we will use them. We then have to move the next day to find somewhere to dump. We can last a couple of days with fresh water and "dribbling" will get rid of grey waste :) but we would need a second cassette for the brown waste. (See a doctor if it is black) :) The problem for our PVC is carrying the thing, especially when full. :) I am looking at a towbar mounted storage box but Scrooge is encouraging me to keep my hands in my pockets! The spare cassette itself is over £100 and the box and rack to mount it on could be around £250. Probably cheaper to keep my legs crossed. :)
Sometimes 2 nd hand ones come up for sale on here.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Steadycam
Mar 22, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V line 635se
Exp
Caravanner since 1993
Wow. Thank you all so much for a) your great help and advice and b) the speed wow the speed of response. So helpful. Especially as we leave Friday lol. Many thanks once again

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We always carry a spare, only used occasionally but when you need it you really need it.

I have bench type C401/402 for sale inc. new loo seat (not got around to advertising it) only been used 3 times, adjustable for left & right hand mounting, new van has a different loo.

Upvote 0

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
It's not the spare empty cassette you need to be concerned about, it's the full one. Do you really want to carry a full spare somewhere around your Moho? Underneath? Yep! Ok when empty but think about putting it there and getting it out when full.
My opinion? Absolutely not!
Whenever you're at a stop, empty black ( no such thing as black) , grey waste and fill up every opportunity.

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We normally carry a spare, but as we were taking stuff down to Spain it went up in our daughter loft, they come in handy but we will manage. :LOL: Bob.

Upvote 0
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Yipe another poo thread best b practice I have found gentlemen pee in a milk carton or if it dark out side lades pee in a bucket
Save the caset for the brown one's
Try it and see how long you can last
Use public toilets whare and when possible
Give the caset a shake if static for a few days to knock down the turd pyramid.
The extra time spent empty the caset is well worth it when it lasting for days or more
Bill

Upvote 0

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
We have a big bucket and if Sue has filled our cassette she has to use the bucket.
if nowhere to empty it Sue carries it on her knees as we drive around hairpin bends.
She hasn't felt a need to use it yet.
So problem solved :LOL:

Upvote 0

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
It's not the spare empty cassette you need to be concerned about, it's the full one. Do you really want to carry a full spare somewhere around your Moho? Underneath? Yep! Ok when empty but think about putting it there and getting it out when full.
My opinion? Absolutely not!
Whenever you're at a stop, empty black ( no such thing as black) , grey waste and fill up every opportunity.
You Carry it in your van anyway no extra seals just strap it down if you can

Joe

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Steadycam
Mar 22, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V line 635se
Exp
Caravanner since 1993
We have a big bucket and if Sue has filled our cassette she has to use the bucket.
if nowhere to empty it Sue carries it on her knees as we drive around hairpin bends.
She hasn't felt a need to use it yet.
So problem solved :LOL:
Rotfl

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Steadycam
Mar 22, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V line 635se
Exp
Caravanner since 1993
Yipe another poo thread best b practice I have found gentlemen pee in a milk carton or if it dark out side lades pee in a bucket
Save the caset for the brown one's
Try it and see how long you can last
Use public toilets whare and when possible
Give the caset a shake if static for a few days to knock down the turd pyramid.
The extra time spent empty the caset is well worth it when it lasting for days or more
Bill

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back