Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
Can you fit an extra seat in the cab of a Sundance 590RL?

It currently has two, but we would like to get three seats up front if possible. I have seen commercial Fiats with this setup. Is it possible in the Motorhome?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
Good question I have been thinking about this also.There must be plenty of double passenger seats left over after conversions have been done.
I have seen these for sale on ebay and other internet sites.
One problem would be to source a matching seat cover and the main one how would you get the van changed to carry the extra passenger for legal and insurance purposes.
It must be Ok as I have the Peugeot full van range brouchers and all variants including chassis cab have 3 seats up front.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi guys, yes you can an it is very straight forward if you have a bit of DIY sense. There are plenty of units available on ebay.

I though about doing this myself due to the arguments of "im in the front" However what you would have to bear in mind is rear access to the van once fitted. even with a swivel seat it would be problematic, i would of thought. Also you end up losing a lot of front space.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
I'm thinking of asking a carpenter friend of mine to make a shelf unit that can slot onto the armrests of the front seats to make use of the space.

OP
OP
400ixl

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
Thanks all.

Its to carry two young children aboard so that neither are un-restrained inside.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back