Extra £1 per metre over 6 metres (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'm not complaining- I was asking if people have come across this
It's common, almost universal, to charge extra for larger pitches. If the site is a grass field without marked pitches then looking at their price list where they also charge extra for larger tents I guess their idea is the pricing is based on how much space you take up on the ground. There's a logic to it. :)

Last edited:

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
My preference is wild or free sure camping, probably reinforcement of my belief in Europe in particular France for my excursions. Everyone is quite different and some feel exposed in the wildwoods, for me a campsite is akin to a concentration camp. Thank goodness we do not all feel the same way

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
They have to draw the line somewhere, it's their site and it says on the website before you book, so honestly can't see any point in complaining after you have accepted this and paid.
Agreed. Simply avoid the place.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EdwardFT

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Personally I don't see the problem in accepting something but still not liking it And saying so. Which reminds me of a certain referendum but Fortunately I don't do politics on forums.

EdwardFT

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Personally I don't see the problem in accepting something but still not liking it And saying so. Which reminds me of a certain referendum but Fortunately I don't do politics on forums.
Jeez, my iPad keeps capitalising in the middle of sentences. Sorry.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Surely a campsite owner can charge what they like, and how they like. It's up to the customer to decide whether or not they want to pay that rate. If not go somewhere else.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back