SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
IMG_6283.JPG
IMG_6284.JPG
prior to taking delivery of our Hymer BDL in January I ordered a set of Fiamma Safe door locks (3 locks same keys for garage and hab doors same as previous van) Unfortunately the base is too large for the garage door surround so I have never even opened their packaging. Presently in Spain and have seen several motorhomes fitted with an alternate type as in photo. Speaking to a Belgian motorhomes today his English was poor but he has four fitted to his Aclass Pilote. The fourth one on the hab door can be deadlocked from inside. Can anyone recognise the lock type and if so know where can I obtain them, they dare I say are far superior to the painted Fiamma ones. ( And if anyone is in the market for a set of 3 Fiamma safe door locks contact me)

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
They do look good!

I am after a single Fiamma one for my garage or I would have taken you up on the offer.

Reminds me I must look on eBay for one now

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
After some googling have come up with the manufacturer but no wiser on how to order a set.
Broken Link Removed

There could be a business opportunity for someone here!!! (Not me to old)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Look a far better quality item than other brands available :)

Where are you at the moment?

Seeing them in the flesh as it were they are far superior to the Fiamma types which I fitted to last Moho and after 7-8 months paint started wormholing and lifting, had to strip paint, rub down and repaint.

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
Sorry to rain on your parade but the round keys are about the worst type for being secure available. If you youtube it they can be opened with a plain old biro. There was a scandal in the motorcycle community a few years ago with these type of locks and you hardly ever see them on bike locks now.

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Sorry to rain on your parade but the round keys are about the worst type for being secure available. If you youtube it they can be opened with a plain old biro. There was a scandal in the motorcycle community a few years ago with these type of locks and you hardly ever see them on bike locks now.

Wow that's a worrying video.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back