External Padded Screens, Advice Please (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We have a set of Taylor Made external screens which we bought a little over 7 years ago and have used them extensively ever since. The last few times I've put them on, though, they have seemed a bit tight, as if the material has shrunk a bit, even though I have taken care to ensure they are dry before they are packed away when we return from a trip.

Has anyone come across this and, if so, is there an approved method/bodge for stretching them out again (other than tying to two motorhomes as they leave a rally in opposite directions)?

Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Do you have the type that has a velcro'd panel across the front? If so then you could just take one side off and refix it to leave a little more slack.

I actually had the same problem with ours on our last trip and your question has just made me realise what the obvious answer is - to my problem at least!

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
my wife say I need a padded sell let alone silver padded screens:rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: GJH
OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Do you have the type that has a velcro'd panel across the front? If so then you could just take one side off and refix it to leave a little more slack.
It's the standard Taylormade fold down cover for Boxer/Ducato/Relay (1994 - 2006) in two pieces, with the front and passenger door parts attached to each other and the driver door part separate. So, it's part Velcro fixing at the passenger side and full Velcro at the driver side.
It used to be a case of just line up the Velcro strips but now can't use the strips fully, which I think is basically what you mean.
It seems that the material could do with stretching a bit so that the Velcro strips line up completely again.

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We tried stretching the covers out yesterday with no success. It seems that the outer fabric has shrunk a bit.

So, I decided to order a set from Silver Screens on eBay. They arrived today and are a superb fit.

The old Taylormade ones will probably fit our son's camper as it has a slightly smaller cab. We shall see at the weekend all being well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back