External gas outlet for BBQ not working (1 Viewer)

Apr 3, 2016
clevedon uk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since Feb 2018
Hi All, hope you’re having fun in the sun!
I have a Autotrail Cheyenne 840D 2009 with a Gaslow system fitted and have connected a Cadac via a Bullfinch connector to the external gas outlet but cannot get any gas out.
Help please

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Stupid question, you do definitely have gas? Do other gas appliances work, such as the hobs? Could there be an isolator valve which is closed?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Springer2
Apr 3, 2016
clevedon uk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since Feb 2018
Hi Rowley,
Thanks for the quick response. Yes I definitely have gas and it is coming through to the hob and oven. Don’t know about the isolation valve, any ideas where I would find it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Springer2
Apr 3, 2016
clevedon uk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since Feb 2018
Just looked inside and can see a pipe coming up out of the floor and through the wall to the outlet but can see no valve??

Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Just looked inside and can see a pipe coming up out of the floor and through the wall to the outlet but can see no valve??
The handbook says there is a shut-off valve (marked BBQ) but gives no specific location.
Try under the cooker \ oven or fridge.

Upvote 0
Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
If it’s the first time you have used the Cadac it may be worth reading the book as I seem to remember the direction you turn the nob to light it is not always the normal push in and turn to the right.

Upvote 0
Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Just read our Cadac instructions and it’s states that when the nob is in the far clockwise direction the gas is turned off (when normally the gas valve is fully open). Good luck finding the cause of this problem.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Springer2
Apr 3, 2016
clevedon uk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since Feb 2018
I did notice on the Cadac that the knob has to be turned anti clockwise to ignite, but still got nothing. I unscrewed the connector from the bottom of the Cadac, turned the Bullfinch connector on and would have expected gas to come out of the pipe but got nothing??
I’ve now checked under the cooker/cupboards and found nothing.
I did find 2 valves under the fridge, one has a snowflake symbol on it which I assume is the fridge the other has what looks like an oven which I assume is the cooker?? Will try to post pics

Attachments

• 21A0EAEA-3045-4CA1-9EB8-A49528F4406C.jpeg
    21A0EAEA-3045-4CA1-9EB8-A49528F4406C.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I did find 2 valves under the fridge, one has a snowflake symbol on it which I assume is the fridge the other has what looks like an oven which I assume is the cooker?? Will try to post pics
You're looking for a similar know but with BBQ on it.:whistle: Where is the shut off valve for your Truma heater \ hot water?
Our Savannah has both on them side by side under one of the single beds. Worth a try.

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Just read our Cadac instructions and it’s states that when the nob is in the far clockwise direction the gas is turned off (when normally the gas valve is fully open). Good luck finding the cause of this problem.
All gas valves work that way? Like water taps.

Upvote 0
Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Now the BBQ gas valves have been sorted - what about the spring loaded female part of the Bullfinch connector fitted to the van being seized and when connecting the male part that is connected to the Cadac its not opening the valve and allowing the gas through? I'm running out of idea's unless a secret hiding place for a gas valve can be found.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Your picture shows two gas valves, for Fridge and Oven, the gas supply is coming in on the left and another pipe going off on the right which will be feeding the Truma heater, and the Hob and most likely the BBQ point.. can you you trace it and see where it goes ?

Depending on who installed it, they may have Teed off an existing line without using an isolating valve..

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Agree with scotjimland above. You can see on your gas valve pic that the supply pipe comes in at one side, supplies two valves, then continues to somewhere else. That is the pipe to follow.
On mine they joined it into the hob supply via a T piece, which I dislike, but it works, and is safe.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Springer2
Apr 3, 2016
clevedon uk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since Feb 2018
Thanks for your replies and suggestions, not had a chance to look any further yet but will have a look later today.
I’ll keep you posted

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I assume the fitting on the pipe is going in ok.
Mine is very tight push in, and then needs rotating 90 degrees.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Springer2
Apr 3, 2016
clevedon uk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since Feb 2018
Thanks to you all, especially Jellyneck, problem sorted, well...found the bbq valve, it was under the bed near the Truma.
Just got to wait for bbq weather to come back and I’ll try again lol.
Thankyou everyone for all your support and suggestions this really is a great site :) :)

Upvote 0
Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Now you have found the BBQ valve and full gas running into the Cadac hopefully will meet up one day for a breakfast to see it working.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Now you have found the BBQ valve and full gas running into the Cadac hopefully will meet up one day for a breakfast.
Ah, @DaveandJen but will @Springer2 be able to find the bacon.............. (n)

Upvote 0
Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
I’m honing my bacon skills as we speak lol!
Hope to see you on the road, we are about to start on the NC500
We have a large fenced back garden for dogs to play along with Wizard our Border Collie who makes all visitor dogs feel at home. Think of us as good friends if ever thinking of visiting St. Mary’s Bay and the Romney Marsh area in the future.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Springer2
Apr 3, 2016
clevedon uk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since Feb 2018
We have a large fenced back garden for dogs to play along with Wizard our Border Collie who makes all visitor dogs feel at home. Think of us as good friends if ever thinking of visiting St. Mary’s Bay and the Romney Marsh area in the future.

Thanks Dave and Jen, really appreciate that and if we’re in your area will definitely give you a shout :)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back