External BBQ point (1 Viewer)

Aug 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
SWIFT SELECT 144
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi All,
We took delivery of a new Swift Select 144 (Fiat Ducato PVC) in July.
Prior to delivery we requested that an external BBQ point be fitted but were told on collection of the vehicle that this couldn't be done as they needed a special monting plate, which was on order from Swift and would be two weeks.
Four Months on and we're still waiting, I won't bore you with my views on their after sales service but hey, we only spent the best part of Ā£60k with them so what do we expect, even getting them to respond to an email is proving difficult and I'm losing faith that they'll ever get this 'part'.
Can anyone recommend a company that could fit a BBQ point in the Northamptonshire ish area? I'd have a go myself but as the vehicle is still under warranty I'd be happier getting one proffesionally installed.

Ta in advance.

OP
OP
Motormal
Aug 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
SWIFT SELECT 144
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hmm, trouble is we purchased a new Bailey motorhome last year (we downsized this year), from White Arches and found their after sales just as bad. No follow up call after collection to make sure all is well, and when it had a safety recall they really couldn't be bothered.
It seems the motorhome industry can't do basic customer service.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
As you won't be using your BBQ very much at the mo ,I would push your dealer that you had the van from to install one, or at least ask for payment to get one done else where if they can't ( or wont ) accommodate you.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Hi All,
We took delivery of a new Swift Select 144 (Fiat Ducato PVC) in July.
Prior to delivery we requested that an external BBQ point be fitted but were told on collection of the vehicle that this couldn't be done as they needed a special monting plate, which was on order from Swift and would be two weeks.
Four Months on and we're still waiting, I won't bore you with my views on their after sales service but hey, we only spent the best part of Ā£60k with them so what do we expect, even getting them to respond to an email is proving difficult and I'm losing faith that they'll ever get this 'part'.
Can anyone recommend a company that could fit a BBQ point in the Northamptonshire ish area? I'd have a go myself but as the vehicle is still under warranty I'd be happier getting one proffesionally installed.

Ta in advance.
Our Dealer has stopped replying to my emails. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

OP
OP
Motormal
Aug 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
SWIFT SELECT 144
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks all,
Apparently the part for the BBQ point arrived yesterday!:think:
When we collected the vehicle in July, we were told they would collect it from our home address and bring it back so as to cause minimum disruption, I'll wager that conversation been long forgotten!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Motormal glad it appears to have been sorted.

I know out of your area but it might help someone else .... Autogas 2000 at Carlton Miniot near Thirsk are really good and there is Funster discount!

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
Had one for 5 yrs and have never used! (neither has my wife) :rolleyes:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Like awnings I think it is something you use or don't.

We use ours a lot - especially on rallies when doing breakfasts or BBQ night - or if cooking fish :)

We tend to use it to connect a two burner gas cooker rather than a BBQ though.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
were told on collection of the vehicle that this couldn't be done as they needed a special monting plate
Sounds like cobblers to me.
Fitting a BBQ point it no different than fitting a hook up point....it's a fully self contained unit and simply fits in a hole in the vans wall .
Only difference, BBQ point is in copper pipe and hookup point is wired

OP
OP
Motormal
Aug 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
SWIFT SELECT 144
Exp
I'm a newbie
Sounds like cobblers to me.
Fitting a BBQ point it no different than fitting a hook up point....it's a fully self contained unit and simply fits in a hole in the vans wall .
Only difference, BBQ point is in copper pipe and hookup point is wired
Agreed, if it smells like BS, then it probably is.
I'll reserve final judgement until I see whats actually fitted.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Like awnings I think it is something you use or don't.

We use ours a lot - especially on rallies when doing breakfasts or BBQ night - or if cooking fish :)

We tend to use it to connect a two burner gas cooker rather than a BBQ though.
Wouldn't be without both, use a cadac twin burner outside the awning. Connection inside gas cupboard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back