External BBQ point or not? (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
What are your thoughts on external BBQ points .

I have a bullfinch external flap but no connector.
There is no pipework connecting this socket up from inside ,so would need to run some 8mm copper and a T piece.
The idea is because we use a suitcase style gas canister stove for frying outside (you all know why)

But thinking if I bought a twin gas stove with a grill underneath we could pretty much cook everything outside and run it off the refillable lpg tank.

Nice long 5 meter hose .

Will cost a few quid to do so is it all worth it or am I just bored and looking for more work?
20210526_145010.jpg
20210526_145037.jpg

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
We have a new Cadac and not used it yet.
When we were at thetford someone said something about them .I would point out they must like them however he had fabricated the body to take a different burner and valve. he had had several of the cadac ones melt. Is this a common complaint and is it only if you use it for a long time each time

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
We have a new Cadac and not used it yet.
When we were at thetford someone said something about them .I would point out they must like them however he had fabricated the body to take a different burner and valve. he had had several of the cadac ones melt. Is this a common complaint and is it only if you use it for a long time each time
i had an issue with my first cadac, where the control valve spindle 'fell out' - i suspect this was a potential cause of the 'melt' issue.

long story but i eventually got new replacement valve free of charge. they were only around Ā£15 so not exactly a bank breaking amount and it didnt put me off cadacs as a 'go to' cooker.

i would be interested to see the conversion/mod though ....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Reusables
Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
Ok I've just bought a 2nd cadac might 2 burner stove from eBay .

Can put our own pots , pans, kettle, and griddle pan on top and do two things at once ...

I didn't want a BBQ style one as I would get the hump with cleaning the grease dripping down..
We have a Cobb already and that gets in a right state ,even with the foil tray things.
I don't mind in plotted up for over a week but for a weekender I prefer the quick gas stove .

P.s
Just realized why this wasn't connected,
It was run off a separate gas bottle ,strap was a bit of a giveaway..

Upvote 0
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks everyone, I have just ordered a bullfinch quick release nozzle off flebay.
Will get up b&q or Screwfix over the weekend for pipe and fittings.

Now need to decide on what gas stove to get..

What is it with men and stoves.?
I've got effing loads
When I fitted my Bulfinch, I teeā€™d into oven fed and also put a ball valve in the line, which we turn off when not using the BBQ point.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Reusables
Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
When
I agree with you, but most people I know use much longer hoses, including myself, rightly or wrongly, 2 meters is never enough.
Phil
We normally use the event shelter next to the van rather than awning, so ideally need it to reach inside that up to the table..will probably need 3 meters.so will give that a go first.

Upvote 0

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
Yeah that was what my finger was hovering over.. nearly clicked but saw the cadac without the square non stick plates for Ā£45 so went with that..
I actually got mine from a company called Hamilton Gas Products Ltd for Ā£109 with free postage. I first saw it at a camping shop when we went to the New Forest recently. They wanted Ā£135 but wouldn't price match so they lost out!

Upvote 0

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
I actually got mine from a company called Hamilton Gas Products Ltd for Ā£109 with free postage. I first saw it at a camping shop when we went to the New Forest recently. They wanted Ā£135 but wouldn't price match so they lost out!
Hamilton are actually just part of Calor , independent retailers canā€™t compete with their prices āš ļø
They were probably pleased to lose out as you say šŸ˜‚

Upvote 0
Feb 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
PPVC Autocruise Alto
Exp
I'm a newbie
Cadac user here on max length flexi gas hose fed from T piece and underslung LPG tank very handy to cook under awning on a low folding table sitting in chair with a cold beer in hand one of my better upgrades

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Reusables
Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
All Connected up now..

T'd into fridge line..(hard work in the double floor)
Connected up to outlet socket .
My bullfinch nozzle arrived and I tried that out and is all working.
Just waiting for stove now and see what connector that has in it... hoping hosetail.
Then again I may fit a quick release if I can .

Upvote 0

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
i will be surprised if it comes with a connector on it .....

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
2 metres is the maximum length of hose.
This is for safety reasons
If you're limited to 2 metres, it'll end up positioned right next to your van to avoid a trip hazard. Then you'll end up with burger splatter up the side of your pride and joy, don't ask how I know.
So, I'd now start looking for a splatter sheet to pin up to the van behind the bbq, to protect it or you'll have all the dogs on the campsite licking your bits :eek:

Upvote 0

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
If you're limited to 2 metres, it'll end up positioned right next to your van to avoid a trip hazard. Then you'll end up with burger splatter up the side of your pride and joy, don't ask how I know.
So, I'd now start looking for a splatter sheet to pin up to the van behind the bbq, to protect it or you'll have all the dogs on the campsite licking your bits :eek:
2 metres is the legal length rubber pipe should be.
we have never had an issue with splatter. Perhaps you should buy better burgers šŸ¤ØšŸ˜‹šŸ˜‚

Upvote 1
Jul 19, 2019
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Carthago M-Liner 52w
Exp
I can run my little Honda gas genny off the barbie point. The pipe just reaches, so I don't even have to lift the genny out of the rear garage (doors wide-open of course, and a new hab CO detector, to be safe.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back