Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Mo,

Most people on here told us to go to Silverscreens - we went with it and haven't been disappointed - don't know if they do one for your monster though....

Geraldine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Cleckheaton , Yorkshire.
Silverscreen , original. They will make one up for you bespoke if needed too.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Ive used both companies - Silverscreens and Van Comfort. I would say that Silverscreens has the edge over Van Comfort.

Silverscreens had the template for my Rapido (Merc) allegedly, however when the screen arrived it was a foot short. The Proprietor and his son drove down to us from Yorkshire and measured the Rapido up. The finished product which was delivered and fitted by them, again person later the same week.

With Van Comfort I took the van (Concorde) to their supplier who is located in Sheffield. Was there from 8am until 1pm. The Van Comfort Screen is ok but the Silverscreen fitted like a glove.

With either company, I would suggest sending photo details first of your vehicle with emphasis on any opening doors, windows etc.

See B in the url below - my old Rapido

http://www.silverscreens.co.uk/Rapido 'A' class page.html

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Silver screens

Hi, I bought my first set of screens from Silverscreens a few years back. We lived only 3 miles from Cleckheaton so I just turned up at the house.....yes, house! The man himself took me inside, explained his product range and showed me what he described as "seconds" but I couldn't spot any faults, so bought a set. They were brilliant and when I swapped the van for our current one I sold them on ebay. I bought my present set the same way two years ago, but these are Taylormade (not sure if I've spelled that right). They are every bit as good.:thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I've had a set of silverscreens external covers for 3 years and they are brilliant even in the Alps at minus 20 outside with blown air on 24 hrs a day not a drop on condensation :thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
silverscreens every time for me now. had a set of very poor quality taylormade screens and ended up with a refund after rowing with the designer at a show

bear in mind that silverscreens were the original company that made these screens and the copies made by others tend to try and trade of their reputation. cheaply made copies fall to bits in my experience and there is no innovation, just imitation. you may pay more with genuine silverscreens but the quality and aftersales backup if you damage them is far superior

bear in mind I've lost count of how many motorhomes I've owned over the years and i have purchased silverscreens for them all. I have no connection with the business other than a very happy multiple repeat customer. very happy to recommend their products:thumb:

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
silverscreens every time for me now. had a set of very poor quality taylormade screens and ended up with a refund after rowing with the designer at a show

bear in mind that silverscreens were the original company that made these screens and the copies made by others tend to try and trade of their reputation. cheaply made copies fall to bits in my experience and there is no innovation, just imitation. you may pay more with genuine silverscreens but the quality and aftersales backup if you damage them is far superior

bear in mind I've lost count of how many motorhomes I've owned over the years and i have purchased silverscreens for them all. I have no connection with the business other than a very happy multiple repeat customer. very happy to recommend their products:thumb:

Which particular ones did you get - I can't decide which to go for

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the Paragon model with fold down centre and optional privacy mesh takes some beating. in summer fold the front screen down and it lets you see out and light in but stops people looking in the cab windows to see whats inside

equally you can keep the screens on and ope the cab windows to allow airflow whilst keeping anything in the cab secure from an opportunist thief. different friends have had a handbag and a tv stolen through open cab windows at shows. if they cant see anything worth stealing they will move on elsewhere.

we also keep the screens on to help keep our dogs cool in the summer. glass on cabs heats up like a greenhouse. covering the glass reduces the internal temperature considerably:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back