Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
For our time off, we have a Romahome Duo in which we do nothing but "wilding" and have found over the past few years that the biggest downfall is toilet capacity.
We have a Porta-Potti 335 and by bagging and sealing paper instead of putting it in the tank, can usually manage 3 days before it's emptying time which is usually enough time for our allowed time off anyway...............JUST!
It would be nice to extend our "range" and have some spare capacity, just in case and to that end I thought of carrying a waste container to decant the toilet tank into and then bring home for emptying in the proper way.
I'm struggling to find a reasonably sized waste tank with a LARGE access hole that I could get the neck of the tank tube into for mess free decanting.
I remember many years ago that with a previous motorhome, we had a slide under waste water tank that would have done nicely but I cant find a similar type/size so far on the net.They all seem to be more of a cube now than a flat tank.

It was black plastic, about 500mm square, 100 to 150 mm high and had a large red plastic cap on top and a another on the end for emptying.
Anyone have one or remember the type I'm talking about?

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Any good? when they have some!

<Broken link removed>

or double the capacity for 4x the price!

<Broken link removed>

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
For our time off, we have a Romahome Duo in which we do nothing but "wilding" and have found over the past few years that the biggest downfall is toilet capacity.
We have a Porta-Potti 335 and by bagging and sealing paper instead of putting it in the tank, can usually manage 3 days before it's emptying time which is usually enough time for our allowed time off anyway...............JUST!
It would be nice to extend our "range" and have some spare capacity, just in case and to that end I thought of carrying a waste container to decant the toilet tank into and then bring home for emptying in the proper way.
I'm struggling to find a reasonably sized waste tank with a LARGE access hole that I could get the neck of the tank tube into for mess free decanting.
I remember many years ago that with a previous motorhome, we had a slide under waste water tank that would have done nicely but I cant find a similar type/size so far on the net.They all seem to be more of a cube now than a flat tank.

It was black plastic, about 500mm square, 100 to 150 mm high and had a large red plastic cap on top and a another on the end for emptying.
Anyone have one or remember the type I'm talking about?
Got one in the shed with all the other stuff i have bought and dont use..BUSBY.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Not an additional tank, but to reduce the amount of liquid in the toilet we use a small hand spray pump, 1 litre size or so, the type that is used in gardens, to wash down the toilet rather than using the flush, acts like a mini power washer. Saves on water use as well as extending the cassette use. We also refill the pump with hand washing water, which is also soapy. (y)

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
In an emergency we used our grey water container to empty our cassette. We have the one suggested by rb62. We were wild camping and carefully planned to empty the cassette before it was full. The emptying point was full so we had no choice. It gave us another couple of days to get get to a site to use there facilities to empty and clean everything. We are lucky to have the space to store a fairly large container.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I know of some people that put a bag down the toilet rather then the cassette and dispose of with rubbish..... this would give indefinite wildIng capabilities .... nappy bags...?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I know of some people that put a bag down the toilet rather then the cassette and dispose of with rubbish..... this would give indefinite wildIng capabilities .... nappy bags...?

We wild camped in Spain next to a beach once, there were plenty of other vans there and the flies round the bins were horrendous 🤔 must have been full of shite 🤢

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Assuming one of you is male then there's no reason why he can't use another container for no 1's and then empty it ...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=233606088928
Much cheaper Mel....😊

1596975455812.jpeg

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
An old German bloke on our site used to do that, you'd see him walking up to the toilet block with it in the morning. I said to Ann you'd think he'd use a coloured bleach bottle or something 🙄

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Old tale but true, I was parked up on a farm. And when the RV black tank was full I asked said farmer "where one might dispose of it" . His reply was (the RV being equipped with a macerator pump) just pump in't next field lad. I'm ploughing next week!.

I have a fiamma roll tank. Which has several times acted as "backup". Normal role being for grey.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Du yu Know I've thought about this a few times. A field full of cows is full of it - good for the soil apparently.

What difference does eating meat make?
I don't know the technicalities of it but we all know dog/cat shit is very unpleasant, and they just eat meat. Cows munch on grass like vegetarians and drop piles of dung... Or is it manure.. Semi-digested decomposing plant matter, which is great as a fertiliser 👍

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I don't know the technicalities of it but we all know dog/cat shit is very unpleasant, and they just eat meat. Cows munch on grass like vegetarians and drop piles of dung... Or is it manure.. Semi-digested decomposing plant matter, which is great as a fertiliser 👍

It is sh*t when it leaves the cow and manure when it hits the ground - magic that ain't it?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
The biggest item, proportionately, as apossed to the big floater, is going to be fluid, so remove thetfords little carbon filter and instal either a 12v heating element, or, for simplicity, a tea light candle this will slowly bubble away the moisture leaving more room.

Simples. 👍🏻👍🏻

Although it’s not what I would do 🙊🙊

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
The biggest item, proportionately, as apossed to the big floater, is going to be fluid, so remove thetfords little carbon filter and instal either a 12v heating element, or, for simplicity, a tea light candle this will slowly bubble away the moisture leaving more room.

Simples. 👍🏻👍🏻

Good thinking.. I would add, condense the vapour and collect into a container and you can drink it 👍😏

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Simples. 👍🏻👍🏻

... the capacity will be a much lesser problem once the fumes get ignited by the candle flame ... there'll be no cassette left to worry about !!! :rofl:

OP
OP
zaskar

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Thanks for all the input chaps, even if things did get somewhat MontyPython towards the end! :giggle:(y)
Think we've decided on this............................
https://www.onbuy.com/gb/caravan-bla...350~p21126671/

Slightly more than I wanted to pay being the tight a**** that I am but hey ho, it should do and with a "internal cap diameter :7.5cm" I know the toilet tank neck will insert.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
That reminds me of the ones that Aldi, or was it Lidl, was selling for under £10 not that long ago ... :imoutahere:

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Our last house had a septic tank as did all the village, and one of the local farmer used to come and pump out many of the tanks in the village and spread it straight on his fields.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back