Extended warranty after 5 years . Anyone done it ? (1 Viewer)

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
Our Autotrail will be 5 years old on 10th November so most of the warranty will expire apart from the water ingress part, and ‘coincidentally’ I received a letter yesterday outlining this and offering an extended warranty @ £295 for 12 months which cover all mechanical parts and conversion , appliances etc , even water ingress and floor de-lamination . Sounds good , has anyone else had this experience and what’s your view ?

ps , it had a policy number on it so I’m thinking they must be the people who ‘back’ the original manufacturers warranty ?

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We did not keep our Autotrail for five years but as all extended warranties I would read the small print.

Even the water ingress % payout drops each year on the 10 year warranty.

You may get paid out less than you might think. (y)

OP
OP
Apache

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
MikeD :
Good point , I was aware of the reducing amount clause so that’s ok (ish) . However the policy seems to suggest that it will pay out for things like turbo’s and other high cost mechanical parts so I’m undecided at the moment , as we all know with insurance you can buy the policy and never claim or take a chance and not buy it then keep your fingers crossed 😀

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
When we bought our Hymer starline 700 at 5 years old, we were offered three years extended warranty on original fittings etc.for £395.00. Not until we entered our third year, did we claim on it, Electrobloc first followed by month later rear suspension springs. We were pleased we accepted the offer, we were well in "profit" ......it's a gamble.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back