Jul 5, 2008
south west
Funster No
MH
RV C class
Exp
4+ 30 years tugging
Hi Guys
I have a RV with a extend a stay fitted, the end of the pig tail is a POL male I believe and will screw directly into a propane cylinder, the question is whilst abroad can you get an adapter to convert to a foreign bottle, or do you just cut off the POL and stick the pipe onto a foreign regulator, and of course another question is will the gas get through 2 regulators

Indy

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Guys
I have a RV with a extend a stay fitted, the end of the pig tail is a POL male I believe and will screw directly into a propane cylinder, the question is whilst abroad can you get an adapter to convert to a foreign bottle, or do you just cut off the POL and stick the pipe onto a foreign regulator, and of course another question is will the gas get through 2 regulators

Indy
Hi, Becouse I run Spanish gas bottles,I have cut the end off my pigtail and fitted a Spanish top with a screw regulator.I dont think it is a regulator as such more a valve with an adjustable feed screw on the top.You can buy them at any Spanish hardware shop and they work OK with the US regulator.Regards,Dave.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Guys

Indy

Hi Indy

You can get adaptors from Gaslow .. you need a Propane to Butane adaptor .. that should cover most EU bottles except the ones with clip on regulators.

and no, two regulators won't work.

hth
jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

damondunc

Funster
Aug 2, 2007
near Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Extenda stay

You should never cut the pol fitting off the end of an extenda stay pipe, for two reasons
(1) the valve in the pol fitting is an excess flow device designed to shut off the flow in the event of a large gas leak. (2) the fitting is mechanically clamped at the factory and the pipe is tested to withstand the high pressure inside (especially with high ambient temperature). You need to contact gaslow or pete at CMR (gaslow agents) he carries the gaslow fitting you need.
If you have an extenda stay fitted ALWAYS remove the flexible hose when it is not being used and place the small brass blanking plug in it's place. The valve in the pol fitting is NOT a one way shutoff valve as said above it is an excess flow device.
Dunc.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi, Becouse I run Spanish gas bottles,I have cut the end off my pigtail and fitted a Spanish top with a screw regulator.I dont think it is a regulator as such more a valve with an adjustable feed screw on the top.You can buy them at any Spanish hardware shop and they work OK with the US regulator.Regards,Dave.
Hi,Sorrt about previous reply,just been out and had a look and its the BBQ pigtail thats been canibalised,The extendastay has a fitting that screws directly to a Spanish clipon top with the flow rgulator on it.It looks like a regulator but has a red plastic screw on top that you can adjust.Once again sorry for the confusion.

OP
OP
Loddy

Loddy

Free Member
Jul 5, 2008
south west
Funster No
MH
RV C class
Exp
4+ 30 years tugging
Thanks for all the replies, I'll be contacting Gaslow soon

Indy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Random thank you to all for this thread and answers etc to the question I was likely to need to ask but hadn't got to needing to know, ie thinking we will in time fit an extendastay!

:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back