Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
saw this on ebay...My sis is looking for one ....I thought a bit expensive considering it has had 5 prev owners. What do you think

Link Removed

Shirl

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Not really.

The owners is alot but could be related to either having to be registered by dealer, or simply people not liking that layout.

remember though that it is 9 years old.

I would be looking to pay a lot less in negotiation but Hymer's do sell well.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
having had another look, do bear in mind that your sister might need to be doing some bedrooom gymnastics to get in to bed, I personally prefer a fixed bed for ease, although in typical compromis fashion, the bathroom looks great :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi shirl
its not too far from the mark really in my opinion
it has a few things going in its favour..

1 it is a Hymer
2 its on the Mercedes base vehicle
3 its looks to be in excellent condition.

says it all really

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
IMHO this is very expensive, though in its favour it has a very low mileage but there are plenty of keener priced hymers out there for up to £7000 less.
I would advise keep looking especially at this time of year when the mh market is very sluggish.

Norman

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
Ok Norman, can you go and find them?

Also inits favour is the fact its a sprintshift gearbox and a high spec hymer,,, lets see what you can come back with... make it a bit of fun,

Ill look around now.

so
2002 (ish)
same spec,
as good condition

Personally I would not pay that much for a van of that age, many would, but i have my top of the range Bessacarr for only a fraction over that and 3 years old.:thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
found this..
Broken Link Removed
and this
Broken Link Removed
:thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
the second ones the same one!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

i got this http://www.camperuk.co.uk/Used/Campervans_Motorhomes/vehicles/1274_Hymer_S650.html

3 yrs older and only a bit cheaper :thumb:

yep i realised that after id posted it although the first one i posted seems to have more goodies on board unless fullers dont list everything like the underfloor aquatherm heating and the separate gas powered cab heater.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
IMHO, its expensive.... need to knock it down several thousands, and in this market they may well be able to.

The only bed is a drop down, that's a big negative for me, especially if you come to resell.. Ok, it gives you more space, but it will put a lot of potential buyers off.

Have they any experience of spending time with this type of layout, it's a lot of cash to spend to find that actually the layout does not suit.

It does look very very clean though......

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Bloody hell !! Dunno about price but what sort of person is the shower and toiler made for ?

A bloody gnome.. thats what sort !!
Jeez.. I could get that in my shower twice over and still have room for a weewee !!

OP
OP
con-tiki

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
she has a B564 (1995) with the drop down bed, so she knows 'acrobatics' She is my twin sis, and we are only 'petite'....lol

Shirl

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Well I have had a dam good search and can not find anthing much different for the money,only older more mies etc a bit cheaper.So it seems to be priced about right :ROFLMAO: but what they are asking and what they get may be 2 very different prices ::bigsmile:
The best I found was 4 yrs nwer and only 2.5k more which again I would think open to bids :thumb: also LHD :winky: which may affect price
terry

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I wouldn't worry unduly about there being 5 previous owners, the van looks in very good condition and has a lovely interior, very high quality and design.

I'd be more interested in checking on the payload and existing axle loadings, how it compares to other S650s for the money, and what kit it has. From some of the links people have put on it is apparent that there are some variations in the layout - some have the 'cupboard' on the offside, others have a settee, and yet more have the table/captain's chair layout. The fridge also appears to be in different places too.

It has similarities with what she has already, which I assume is a layout she is very happy with. As she has a trade-in van she'll have to tough it out to get a good price, but if it is what she wants, and it checks out to be a good 'un, why not go for it!:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back