Expensive M.o.t and it passed !!! (1 Viewer)

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Motorhome mot was due end of the week so we booked it in for today. We are still at Max's sisters at the farm and it is parked on the bottom drive and as I drove it out I forgot the low overhanging branch on a fir tree ....... Crunch I'd caught the sat dome!!
Good news was it passed mot with no advisories ...bad news £166 for a replacement dome

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Motorhome mot was due end of the week so we booked it in for today. We are still at Max's sisters at the farm and it is parked on the bottom drive and as I drove it out I forgot the low overhanging branch on a fir tree ....... Crunch I'd caught the sat dome!!
Good news was it passed mot with no advisories ...bad news £166 for a replacement dome
So, it passed it's MOT, but failed the MOTREE. Poetic really. I do hope your better half gave you a good slap! ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Ouch poor sat dome :)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
When you collected from the Garage why didn't you ask them, what they had done to your Sat Dome
Its normally the way its done ;)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
When you collected from the Garage why didn't you ask them, what they had done to your Sat Dome
Its normally the way its done ;)

I tried that one George after I blew the reverse on a auto box in a 3lt Granada they could not get it off the ramp without pushing it, I said it was OK when I dropped it Off. :eek:
Never worked but passed anyway. :LOL:
The girl I was with at the time lived in a cul de sac, and when she took it home had to get the neighbours out to turn her round.:ROFLMAO:
Bob.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
No VAT on initial MoT test fee, or re test fee
Full price £54.85 Pass or Fail. and another £54.85 can be charged for re test if you did fail
(Subject to minor defects rules where no re test is chargeable)
So those out there getting tests done for say £35.00 and free re test,
are getting a huge discount wouldn't you say? circa 66%:Eeek: try that on in Tesco or Asda:doh:
And you wonder why we motor traders are skint:groan:

OP
OP
davanne
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Well update on the dome.........Max spent quite a few hours doing a dome jigsaw!!!!! He found all but two or three little pieces and used clear gaffer tape on the outside and ordinary silver on the inside and then put it back on and quess what...........it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We will buy a new dome cover in the new year when we are ready to use the motorhome again but until then it is watertight.
Here it is patched up again.....I should have taken,a photo of it in bits
image.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back