Expensive Holiday! (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2018
Somerset, UK
Funster No
MH
Buerstner Travel Van
Exp
Not long enough!
"She who must be obeyed" and I toured NZ in a hired motorhome for a month in Feb/Mar and had an amazing time. Came home, gave all our camping gear away and started looking for a motorhome. Made a shortlist of must haves/ must nots and gradually narrowed the focus. We live in a small village with very narrow lanes so size was an issue. Spent months looking for a "nearly new" but couldn't find what we wanted (one of the "must haves" was an autobox which seems to be very rare) so finally we took the plunge and bought a brand new Burstner Travel Van which joined us last week. That NZ trip had unintended and expensive after-effects!
Still poring thro' the 20Kg of instructions books but hoping to get away for a few short trips soon. In the meantime there's a hundred questions I'm hoping to find answers to!

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
:welco:.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first van.

Let the Adventures Begin.::bigsmile:.

Cheers Cris.:cheers:.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi and welcome.
Your first question should be..... How do I pay my subs and become a full member so I can ask the other 99 questions.

(click subscribe top of each page)

You only get 5 free posts then can only read the forum.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Hi-smiley.png Welcome to the forum , interesting start , did you not look here? Broken Link Removed

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Welcome and snap. !
We hired in Australia, came home and guess what opened down the road. A motorhome dealer. :D.. that got us started 18 years ago.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
As you can see you're not the first and won't be the last,we went for three months in 2012,soon changed the caravan when we got back.
Currently wandering round France and parked up for the night :)

image.jpeg

You'll find all the information you need on here......and some you don't :D but all part of the fun.

OP
OP
Blackadder
Oct 12, 2018
Somerset, UK
Funster No
MH
Buerstner Travel Van
Exp
Not long enough!
View attachment 261063 Welcome to the forum , interesting start , did you not look here? Broken Link Removed

Nein - weil ich im England wohne und fahre am links. I also speak atrocious German :D

Besides, all the "experts" told us to buy locally if possible in case of problems.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and welcome. Wishing you many happy miles in your new van.

:ello:

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Same with us. Hired a van in Tasmania. Came home. Had heart surgery and took early retirement.8 years ago and over 80,000 miles. We're on our 3rd van no intention of stopping just yet. Currently in Bavarian Alps enjoying fabulous weather and beer.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Nein - weil ich im England wohne und fahre am links. I also speak atrocious German :D

Besides, all the "experts" told us to buy locally if possible in case of problems.
When you have a chance search on the forum , you will see it is quite a popular choice . However you've got the van you want , hope
you don't need back up for "problems" (y):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back