Exit Border Checks at the Tunnel (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Had a nice lady wanting to search in our van for immigrants once. She came in, looked in the washroom, looked in the wardrobe and was just leaving when Swmbo said, are you going to look under the bed.
The immigration lady was surprised there was room for 4+ immigrants under the bed (or would have been if it wasn't stuffed with all the clutter we take). Wonder how many she missed in the past.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
The only time we have been stopped for a search the officer looked in the habitation door, saw our German Shepard, and said, "I don't suppose anyone got past him," and closed the door again before waving us through!

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I read it that way too... But checks when exiting the UK makes sense.. glad they are coming back in.
But only if they have sufficient staff!!!!!!!!!! Coming back in in early January it took nearly 40 minutes to clear French & UK controls. How long are the outbound checks going to take in the UK? I bet the queues will be back to check-in at the tunnel, and can you imagine the fun of all those people trying to hold their cars in the queue on the incline up to passport control at Dover?

Malcolm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Steve101uk

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
I am not sure the UK side of the tunnel is really designed for this. if my memory is correct the UK side has about four lanes, The French side has ten or more. I hope this doesn't mean large queues and delays but I suspect it will.

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have only been stopped for the usual gas bottle checks except for the one time when my family we on our way back from practising motocross in Belgium. I was following hubby in the motorhome in my dad's old transit van. It had the bikes and the dirty motocross gear in it. The woman asked us what we had so I told her...you could probably smell the dirty kit from where she was !!!!! She didn't even open the doors....could have had a dozen clandestines in there.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Many moons ago we came back from France & Alan passed our passports to the customs girl at the booth, she glanced at them both handed them back and said to Alan " I hope you remembered your wife's birthday today". We were gobsmacked that she had clocked that information in a 2 second glance at my passport.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back