Existing member saying Hi (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2011
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
re-living the gloryb days of series 2 BC
Have been a member for a while, gleaning the site for useful info but never said hello
We (John n' Judy) are return following a spell with old series 2 in BC days
Actually not sure if we qualify as we only have a small van conversion and because of continued family and work commitments can only get away during Spring and Autumn
Currently meandering our way through Southern Germany - Trier - Mosel - Rhine - Romantic Route - now down to the Alps with just the Black Forest before heading back
Oh the emissions badge debate - we got ours by post through TGV Nord (email would not connect) in 3 days - not needed for rural but many towns as well as cities require them - in Augsburg all vehicles have either class 3 or 4 - have a couple of places advertising them but not fuel stations etc - no idea how they police it though??
During the winter I will try to turn my day lg into a readable blog
Simple soul

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
hi , whats the weather like in Deutschland

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
like to know more about the emissions requirements.. can you point me at a web site:)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi John n Judy and welcome to the madhouse. :welc:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Welcome on board.

Excuse the spelling but try google umweltplakette - don't be ripped off by an agency, you can do it directly with one of the TUV organisations or ADAC. Cheap and quick.. If you are euro 4 emissions then you get a green one which is access all areas

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
:welc:'s don't think it matters what you drive/own.........if its your home from home, and gives you enjoyment, to my mind that's the whole thing...........

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Actually not sure if we qualify
Currently meandering our way through Southern Germany - Trier - Mosel - Rhine - Romantic Route - now down to the Alps with just the Black Forest before heading back

Oh you qualify alright !!

OP
OP
wardj2010
May 31, 2011
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
We visited the Zugspitze this morning and at 8.45 it was 2c plus the wind chill but by mid day back at ground level it had reached 25c, the best day so far but we have had dry and reasonably warm over here throughout our trip - presently at Oberammergau, heading for the Black Forest on Sat
When we get home I will post more info for TUV Nord including contact mail for the lady who dealt with my application

OP
OP
wardj2010
May 31, 2011
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Or should that be minus the wind chill??

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
:welc:'s don't think it matters what you drive/own.........if its your home from home, and gives you enjoyment, to my mind that's the whole thing...........
Same as, welcome

OP
OP
wardj2010
May 31, 2011
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Hi, as it gets really busy quickly we went for the cable car option - at 8.45 straight to the cable car parking we got straight into a car but they do squeeze 40 in at a time - this was just ahead of the arrival of the first train - some stay on the train to the glacier and then catch another car the the top whilst others get off the train and go to the top by cable car -seems that regardless of your chosen route the cost is 51E - you can of course hike to the top, 5 hrs seems about the time needed and then of course you would need to get back down but some do the whole thing
Me? I would not do it again in a hurry but it was well worth it as a one off - well scary when quite near the top the wind started to whistle and the car was swaying freely with 40 bodies in it - not quite """"less but close!
Oh by 10.30 the que was right back through the ropes and out of the door

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back