Exisis i (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
One passed us yesterday, looked a bit 'low budget' and didn't have drop down mirrors, more like the older black ones.
Didn't see reg number but didn't look very old.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
One passed us yesterday, looked a bit 'low budget' and didn't have drop down mirrors, more like the older black ones.
Didn't see reg number but didn't look very old.
That's the old model, new ones since 2018 have coach mirrors, inner wall is aluminium and a new rear end & new front end with plastic headlamps.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Woah!

Wish it was low budget! Ha ha

Then I suppose it is compared to some, we love it though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Woah!

Wish it was low budget! Ha ha

Then I suppose it is compared to some, we love it though.
That's one of the reasons we changed the Exsis was a bit basic. Had 2014 Exsis i678 only paid £58k for it including about £8k of options, now you know why I never buy in the UK. :ROFLMAO:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I hate my top mounted coach-type mirrors. They're exactly where I need to look when entering a roundabout.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I hate my top mounted coach-type mirrors. They're exactly where I need to look when entering a roundabout.
I had the low mounted ones on the Exsis much prefer the top mounted ones on current van. They give a much better view behind I think they make driving much safer.
I know you have mentioned it before and from the pics of your van the mirrors are large compared to the size of your side windows. I think it is more the design of your van rather than top mounted mirrors.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I had the low mounted ones on the Exsis much prefer the top mounted ones on current van. They give a much better view behind I think they make driving much safer.
I know you have mentioned it before and from the pics of your van the mirrors are large compared to the size of your side windows. I think it is more the design of your van rather than top mounted mirrors.
You could be right - I've no previous experience of top-mounts. The rear view is excellent & I'm almost used to having the blind spot mirrors above the main mirrors. But the problem with visibility entering roundabouts isn't just an inconvenience. They block the view of traffic just at the critical moment when expecting to enter the roundabout without stopping but whilst keeping an eye open for vehicles entering quickly from the right. I have to move my upper body to see around the mirror / A-post combination. Are you suggesting someone sat down and "designed" my van? :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back