Exhaust made to measure your MH or car or what ever (1 Viewer)

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
We brought our MH in September 2016, it weren't till we got in home that it was noticed that tail pipe was ROTTEN, its a Mercedes Hymer B680, I telephoned ALL the local companies to obtain a replacement - NO GO. As a last reort I called in to a company in Lakeside (Essex) they couldn't find one either, but the guy there was very helpful and told me about a company in Dagenham (Essex)

http://flowtechexhausts.co.uk/home - 0208 586 1717

the guy there said to take it and they would look at it, so later that day I went to his workshop, he looked at it and said, yep no probs, bring in tomorrow it'll be £60.00. OK there I am the next day, they have all the pipe benders, cutters and expanders there, cut, bent, painted and fitted in less than half an hour, and they gave me a tea while I waited, cant praise them enough

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
For a full exhaust replacement it is well worth having it done in stainless. It's surprising how cheaply this can be done (by comparison with an OEM exhaust).

OP
OP
bigalw35
Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
you're probably right, but all I needed was the tail pipe, the remainder is like new, quite possibly stainless ?, I live near Lakeside (Essex) and there's a huge Mercedes dealer and workshop, our Hymer is based on a Sprinter 311, and even Mercedes couldn't locate the tail pipe, at the moment I'm well pleased, but as you say a full stainless one day will be done, many thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bigalw35
Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Well it is quite large, but he just used the pipe the same size as the silencer, it's about 75mm (std), very quiet though

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We brought our MH in September 2016, it weren't till we got in home that it was noticed that tail pipe was ROTTEN, its a Mercedes Hymer B680, I telephoned ALL the local companies to obtain a replacement - NO GO. As a last reort I called in to a company in Lakeside (Essex) they couldn't find one either, but the guy there was very helpful and told me about a company in Dagenham (Essex)

http://flowtechexhausts.co.uk/home - 0208 586 1717

the guy there said to take it and they would look at it, so later that day I went to his workshop, he looked at it and said, yep no probs, bring in tomorrow it'll be £60.00. OK there I am the next day, they have all the pipe benders, cutters and expanders there, cut, bent, painted and fitted in less than half an hour, and they gave me a tea while I waited, cant praise them enough
I used them about 3 years ago to sort the tailpipe on our Chausson. . Great job done.

OP
OP
bigalw35
Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
addendum to the first post, we've been away for a few weeks when we returned there's a letter from the TFL (low emissions outfit) warning me if I go in again to the "low emission zone" it's gonna cost me £200.00 pounds per day, I telephoned them and was told that my Hymer would have to have an (approved) filter fitted and certified before I can register on their site, these range from £1800.00 to £7000.00

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
addendum to the first post, we've been away for a few weeks when we returned there's a letter from the TFL (low emissions outfit) warning me if I go in again to the "low emission zone" it's gonna cost me £200.00 pounds per day, I telephoned them and was told that my Hymer would have to have an (approved) filter fitted and certified before I can register on their site, these range from £1800.00 to £7000.00
Wow, that could have a knock on effect to the company you went too. (n)
We have a place up here near us in Rochdale, bit far to come but might be cheaper that £200.00 :mad: they replaced a short section of our tailpipe and connection. I think the problem is behind the cab area Alko take over with their chassis and not Merc, Fiat, Peugeot etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back