Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Hi,

Sitting outside for lunch yesterday and noticed something hanging under the van. Turns out the end pipe has broken on the exhaust and needs replacing. Local company say they'll need to source a piece of pipe as it's not standard Ducato due to the extra width on the motorhome.

Does anyone happen to know if there's a piece of pipe out there that just does the trick "off the shelf"? It's a Frankia 740, 2.8l.

Bit of a long shot, I know, but worth a try!

Steve :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It depends where the break is but if it is just the last few inches you may be able to fix it yourself with one of those chrome end fitments sold to make cars look flash. You need to get one wide enough but also as long as you can - can't remember the measurements now but some are quite a bit longer than the others.
I fixed the exhaust on our Autoquest that way. They fit using grub screws but I also wrapped some exhaust bandage round the joint as a safeguard against the screws working loose. It was still going strong after a couple of years or more when Asda intervened.

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
It depends where the break is but if it is just the last few inches you may be able to fix it yourself with one of those chrome end fitments sold to make cars look flash. You need to get one wide enough but also as long as you can - can't remember the measurements now but some are quite a bit longer than the others.
I fixed the exhaust on our Autoquest that way. They fit using grub screws but I also wrapped some exhaust bandage round the joint as a safeguard against the screws working loose. It was still going strong after a couple of years or more when Asda intervened.

I did the same, various internal diameters and lengths available on ebay

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
We had one like this in last week, tailpipe extension had almost completely separated from main system. Trouble was the main system was just as rotten as the joint between the tailpipe extension and the main system, nothing left to weld to so new exhaust required.

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back