Exciting times ahead, hopefully ? (1 Viewer)

Dee238

Free Member
Sep 14, 2019
Bridgend
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all
Having ummed & ahhed for a few years, we've now decided to dip our toes and started looking for our first motorhome.
New to the site, but so glad I found it.
Really looking forward to our new adventures, and making new friends
Hubby is the sensible one and I'm the more reckless, spur of the moment, so think motorhoming will be ideal!

We have a gorgeous cross breed rescued poodle so it will be fabulous to have her with us on our adventures and jollies
I have quite a challenging and at times stressful but rewarding job working with people who have onset dementia and memory loss, so being able to get up and go whenever and weekends Will be fabulous.

I'm sure I will be asking lots of questions and looking for help and advice.

Thank you all
Dee

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Good for you, go for it.
Try to kit the van out with the bits & bobs you will need for a holiday-
Kitchen/cooking stuff, bathroom stuff-soaps, tooth stuff etc. anything that you need but isn’t valuable, and leave them in there, then all you will need to add is bedding, towels & clothing, any personal bits-don’t leave them in there too risky-and food.
Turn the fridge on the night before you travel so it’s nice & cold to put foods in, load your bedding etc, & off you go!
Don’t forget a bottle of something for a night-cap!
Have fun!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Good luck with the search
Have you download Jim's buyers guide from Resources, it's very useful and free for members

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
Hi and WELCOME, I am a new member here, I find it better to keep a low profile and find your feet, I paid my £15 and got my moneys worth the first couple of days, some great experience on here and most are very helpful (y)

I have a beautiful Swift Kontiki 645 for sale 2004, maybe a bit big for you but as they size does matter, plenty of room for a dog, pics on the for sale forum ;)

OP
OP
D

Dee238

Free Member
Sep 14, 2019
Bridgend
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Good luck with the search
Have you download Jim's buyers guide from Resources, it's very useful and free for members
No not yet, need to do this, seems it's highly recommend. Where do I find it? I'm sooooo not technical ?

OP
OP
D

Dee238

Free Member
Sep 14, 2019
Bridgend
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Good for you, go for it.
Try to kit the van out with the bits & bobs you will need for a holiday-
Kitchen/cooking stuff, bathroom stuff-soaps, tooth stuff etc. anything that you need but isn’t valuable, and leave them in there, then all you will need to add is bedding, towels & clothing, any personal bits-don’t leave them in there too risky-and food.
Turn the fridge on the night before you travel so it’s nice & cold to put foods in, load your bedding etc, & off you go!
Don’t forget a bottle of something for a night-cap!
Have fun!

Awwe thank you, sound advice, can't wait to start our adventures and meet/make new friends ?

Dec 4, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Been around the block a few times😉
:pink:
Sounds like all three of you are going to have a great time ?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
No not yet, need to do this, seems it's highly recommend. Where do I find it? I'm sooooo not technical ?
I'm not sure how to add a link, but go to resources, search resources and type in motorhome buyer's guide 1.0. in the search box.
I just found it that way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

Dee238

Free Member
Sep 14, 2019
Bridgend
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Awwe thanks.
Someone sent me the link, downloaded it now ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back