Excited! (1 Viewer)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi all, we're Deb and Les, living in Notts.

We've had caravans for the last 20 odd years but we're looking to change to a motorhome, mainly because I don't tow the 'van and hubster has a motorbike and I don't go on that either :roflmto: so I figured that he could go on the bike and I could take the mh...

Been reading lots and visiting dealers the last week or two and are heading to stratford today so hopefully will get the chance to see folks. Also planning to camp at malvern in August with whichever outfit we have by then.

I am amazed at the difference between caravans and motorhomes and can't wait to find 'the one'::bigsmile:riving2:

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi Deb and Les,
We also towed for 20 years and bit the bullet a couple of years ago and changed to a MoHo.
Best thing we ever did:thumb::thumb:
We use it far more than we ever used the caravan as it's so much easier to get in and go.
Hope you enjoy your new toy as much as we do..
John & Jan.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
:welcomefunster:
I bought my motorhome 2 and a half years ago. I've lived in it for the last year but now living back in bricks and mortar, I miss it! Becomes addictive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dergrowler

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 7, 2013
Banbury, Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class, Hymer B578
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Deb and Les :welcome: to Motorhome Fun

We also used to tow a caravan but now have a Motorhome and already this year have used it five times and still not had our annual holiday in it yet. Also away to a meet next weekend.
And so as John & Jan have said we get far more use out of it than we ever did with the caravan.:Smile:

You can now also have the best of both worlds and possibly get a small trailer to tow the motorbike so you have transport if you park up in a remote area. (That's if you can be a pillion of short journeys)

Any way enjoy your search for a motorhome and get to a meet/rally to really enjoy the Fun.:fatbuddha:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hello and welcome.

Good luck with your search, take your time and look at as many layouts as possible. Sit in them and try to imagine how it would be stuck inside on a rainy day. Layout is everything.

Are you booked in with us at Malvern? If not come over to meet us all and say hello.
:welcomefunster:

Bebe

Free Member
May 22, 2013
Spain/East Yorkshire, Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2001
Hi Deb and Les:welcome: My parents had caravans all my childhood, some tales to tell there :Smile: and bought my own in the 70's. So happy times for many years. In 2000 we called for a gas bottle at our local stockist and came out owning a beautiful second hand motorhome. Why did we do that? Must admit we were a bit panicky afterwards. :Doh:

We set off on our travels, with our walkie talkies and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Our son had the caravan and we thought we had a convoy! He was Tommy Turtle and we were Happy! The Mh. What fun we had. What laughs. Waving at all the other motorhomes. How proud we were of Happy! We had had many Cowboy and Indian adventures with our friends and family in the Ok Coral, trying to be quiet:Smile: and sitting out most of the night. We have had a few motorhomes since then and still have the buzz when we set off on our travels, but none are like the ones we had in Happy! .... ::bigsmile:riving2:

We sold our Happy in 2003 for a brand new bessecarr 765 with everything on it. Everything. All the latest equipment at the time you could think of and I was so upset ... I even cried and waved bye to Happy .....:fatbuddha:

Hope you enjoy yourselves. I bet you do. Have fun and probably you will venture on the motorbike. A different life ... and transport a must if you're all set up. Happy travels :thumb:

Brenda:Smile:

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have a small trailer which we tow our motorbike with. Provides another form of transport rather than having to up sticks, pack everything away and use the van. Best of both worlds ::bigsmile:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
hello and welcome to the house of fun.come and join in the fun.hope to see you at Malvern.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Deb and Les

Welcome to FUN.

Sorry I picked up your post a bit late, if you are at Stratford over the weekend make sure you come and talk to some FUNsters as there are a couple of motorhomes here with motorbikes on brackets on the two bar and it MIT be worth you having a chat with them.

Martin

OP
OP
Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Post stratford update

Morning and thanks everyone for your replies.....
We'll be subscribing to motorhome fun today but it'll need a phone call as we're probably the only people in the world that don't have a PayPal account :roflmto:

With respect to the motorbike being towed on a trailer I'm not sure as it's rather on the large side, we can't get a car in the garage with it but may be worth investigating.

Stratford was good, we had got it down to two layouts and the show settled it for us. We want to keep it on the drive (caravan is in storage 12 miles away which is a pain) so we are limited to a max length of 6.5m.

We are more or less decided on a hymer 544 BUT with the l-shape dinette. We missed an absolute corker on the Bundesvan stand but the lucky couple who had bought it kindly let us have a look, came away very envious. It was a 2005 so was slightly different to the older models we'd seen. To be honest it was a tad over our budget but I'm sure I could've persuaded Les. I have a horrible feeling I'm going to be comparing all the ones we see to this one :Sad: I would've even chosen that upholstery and how often would that happen - or is it just caravans that have really dodgy upholstery patterns?

So, if anyone knows of a different make/model with the same layout and a max of 6.5 it'd be really appreciated. A MUST is the drop down bed so I'm guessing we are only talking about A classes?

Think I'm limited on the number of posts until the subscription is activated but I'll move over to the beginner section then and carry on with the questions if that's ok.

Again, thanks everyone for your help and replies, it's very much appreciated:thumb:

Also wanted to add that it was great wandering through the camping area at stratford, couldn't believe how many different shapes and sizes of motorhomes there was, now if that had been rows and rows of caravans they'd have all looked the same....and everyone we spoke to was so friendly too. And lots of dogs so we should be ok with our two then.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back