Excited but a bit disappointed (1 Viewer)

Letsgetaway

Free Member
Jun 24, 2012
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Caravan for 4 years; new to motorhoming
Hi all

Excited that we're picking up our new campervan (Fiat Ducato, newly registered to us) next weekend but just found out it's still got the Euro 4 engine in it not the Euro 5 as we were expecting :Sad: Could this mean its a couple of years old already?:whatthe:

I wondered how many of you out there have experienced the same?

Not going to let it spoil the excitment though :Smile::Smile:

Cheers
Simon & Rachel

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
from the link it would appear that in mainland europe they were available from june and for right hand drive vehicles from September of this year, bearing in mind that the cab and chassis then have to have the habitation bit built on it, i wouldnt expect to see one till nearer the new year with the new engine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Letsgetaway

Free Member
Jun 24, 2012
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Thank you for the links :thumb: - we feel a lot happier knowing that now :Smile:

Cheers Simon & Rachel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
We have a newly registered (2012) Auto-Trail on a Fiat base.
We knew that it was an unregistered 2011 model when we bought it, but the Fiat part could have been as old as 2010. Fortunately for us, and after checking with Fiat, it is definately 2011.
So ours is Euro 4 as well.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
from the link it would appear that in mainland europe they were available from june and for right hand drive vehicles from September of this year, bearing in mind that the cab and chassis then have to have the habitation bit built on it, i wouldnt expect to see one till nearer the new year with the new engine.

Just to clarify, I think the reference to June and September in the links was 2011?

Mike

OP
OP
L

Letsgetaway

Free Member
Jun 24, 2012
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Oh pants! :Sad: That's what we thought on our 1st post but there's nothing to indicate on the links that's it was 2011.

Oh well it is what it is - can't do anything about it now!!

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well it won't affect the price, surely you'd get whatever you'd get for any Euro 4 (or 5 if that's what you had) first reg in 2012.

Our actual Fiat I believe is about 2 years older than the date of first reg. But nobody bats an eyelid, the 'converters' order X number of chassis and build the boxes on to em as they go. Then they order some more. Might be 6 months' worth, might be 2 years' worth. And then they have to flog em to the dealers and then the dealers have to sell em.

The alternative would be to order the van before the model has been released - say, at a show - and wait patiently ......

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
It's right that the euro 5 came out late 2011...
Our Autotrail was built Dec 2011 and reg Jan 2011 and came as a Euro 5.

Like already said, dont think its going to make difference in resale etc and as regard all these LEZ and low emmissions zones the euro 4 is more than acceptable....

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
i note with interest the comments re older versions of the fiat not making any difference in respect of valuation / tradin and price should be based on the date of registration. Dont mean to throw a spanner in the works but when at the NEC we were looking at the possibility of exchanging our 07 plated van and 2 dealers based the valuation on 06 as it was the older fiat engine !!!!! and noy on the registration date of the van, one said it reduced the value by approx £3k

OP
OP
L

Letsgetaway

Free Member
Jun 24, 2012
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Thank you for all your comments.

As to valuation it's a bit relative really, at the NEC the dealers / manufacturers were trying to sell their goods to get them 'out there', so I would say most are advertising as lower prices as they could to get people interested. This would mean giving you as low a price on a trade-in as they could and making up any excuse to justify it. We also have an 07 plated Fiat and have been offered very good trade-ins (not at shows) but all the vans we have been interested in I would say, have been overpriced, which makes the deal look very good if they offer you more than you expected...all relative. I bet the van you were interested in was around £3K lower than you would find it on the forecourt for.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
re-map

Get the rascal re-mapped, we did and phew what a difference.:thumb:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Not being well up on these things, does this mean my euro 4 can go inside the LEZ without charge
How would they know ?:Eeek:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well my 2007 ( on a 2006 chassis ) 2.8 Pug is 2013 LEZ compliant so your new one certainly will be !

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Dont mean to throw a spanner in the works but when at the NEC we were looking at the possibility of exchanging our 07 plated van and 2 dealers based the valuation on 06 as it was the older fiat engine !!!!!

And this behaviour by basically second hand car dealers surprised you ? If you'd been in a kilt with snow on your boots they'd have said they'd have to knock another £5K off because Scottish weather causes them to rot quicker.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back