Excited about our first viewings! (1 Viewer)

Mummyto3

Free Member
Aug 24, 2012
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

We're off to Spinneys tomorrow to have a look at the first batch of motorhomes.

Although we're novices, we're being incredibly practical with what we're after and have a tick list of essentials, none of this hot headed, fallen in love with the interior when the lay out isn't suitable. Looking forward to knowing what we're playing with. Pics are nice but useless when it comes to the true realisation of the space you're playing with.

Shall be the first of many visits to various dealers. :Smile:

May I ask, has anyone had any dealings with Spinneys? How would you rate them?

Many thanks,

Leaha.::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Shall be the first of many visits to various dealers. :Smile:

May I ask, has anyone had any dealings with Spinneys? How would you rate them?

Many thanks,

Leaha.::bigsmile:

That's the way to do it, though considerably reduced number to visit in the NW now.

My next door neighbour bought an old Talbot off them, considering how cheap it was they did a lot of remedial work on it.

Some of their prices seem eye watering but that might just be me. Well worth a visit. Take camera. Photograph front with price then all the inside. You can't take too many pics.

Then sit inside, assume the weather is like today and think how you would cope with that for a few days.

Then maybe Marquis at Preston docks.

Upvote 0
Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
Bought our new Autotrail from them they did everything they promised, radio stopped working after a couple of weeks and they changed it while i waited no problems.
Went back for first hab service they lent us a car for the day rectified a couple of minor lighting faults again no problems.
You will have to draw your own conclusions on the prices but with no part exchange i would be suprised if they will not haggle a bit.
Bought from Emm Bee in the past and no problems with them either.
Good luck with your purchase whoever you buy from.

dave e

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

Mummyto3

Free Member
Aug 24, 2012
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks to you all! :Smile:
We're originally from Mansfield in Notts so will try Brownhills too.

Upvote 0

whatta

Free Member
Aug 21, 2010
Scotland, but on the move
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2001
Bought my first motorhome from Spinney in 2001.

Saw exactly what I was after on their website on the Sunday before I was due to travel 400 miles to that area. Friends went to see it & could find no obvious blemishes. Spinney sent photos by email that afternoon. Deal done the following morning after haggle over the phone with the MD - basis £100 returnable deposit, vehicle held for me until the following weekend. Full explanation undertaken on arrival, test drive no problem. Deal completed.

I was impressed by the way they handled the whole process - even though I had a background of quite a few years in the legal and marketing departments of a motor manufacturer.

Good luck in your search. You will know when the deal feels right...!

Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2011
Lytham
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Hi, i bought a new motorhome from marquis in preston in march. Andy Morrison was the salesman and he was great. He has contacted us several times over the past 4 months to check everything is ok and touch wood not a single glich so far.

Dave

Hope it doesnt fall to bits now ive said that:RollEyes:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back