Everyone with a dog will understand (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
The last few months muttly had to held up when he went up the garden to save him falling over. It was not fun in the dark when it was raining. Management wouldn’t come out with a brolly.

Aug 23, 2019
Shropshire, Market Drayton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
since 2017
And there lies the problem...yes I am sure it would... BUT as it is heading towards me to "just walk on by" I don't know that.
If it is calm and does "just walk on by" then I can just about get away with that BUT those who think it is acceptable and Indeed funny to just let their hound run at anybody and everything should be banned from having them.
I am not saying for a minute all dog owners are like that but I think responsible owners must agree with me that there are people out there who don't give a fig. Has your dog never been attacked whilst on a lead by an unfettered one.
That is so sad for you. Did your parents never help you to get over the trauma. If you were only 5 years old that must have made life very difficult for you.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
That is so sad for you. Did your parents never help you to get over the trauma. If you were only 5 years old that must have made life very difficult for you.
Yes of coarse as much as they could but we never had dogs in our family so it was not as if I was brought up in a dog environment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Just before locking up and going to bed I open the back door, say 'Go on Benji, out for a wee'. If he has already slipped out without me noticing through the dog flap he raises his head from his teddy, looks at me as if to say......'Already been dad', sighs, flops his head back down on his teddy and closes his eyes.
That's me told then. :rofl:

Jun 7, 2020
London
Funster No
MH
Morelo Palace Liner
Exp
Since 1980
My mug shot says it all .... I,m standing next to the best behaved dog I,ve ever met.:love:

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
And there lies the problem...yes I am sure it would... BUT as it is heading towards me to "just walk on by" I don't know that.
If it is calm and does "just walk on by" then I can just about get away with that BUT those who think it is acceptable and Indeed funny to just let their hound run at anybody and everything should be banned from having them.
I am not saying for a minute all dog owners are like that but I think responsible owners must agree with me that there are people out there who don't give a fig. Has your dog never been attacked whilst on a lead by an unfettered one.
Get some dog biscuits and if a dog runs towards you, throw a biscuit away from you.

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
I seem to hate more humans than dogs, Dogs are what humans trained them, don’t believe there are many bad dogs just plenty of bad owners.
I would have agreed but for our last dog which was a rescue dog but not in my view not wired up right as he would grab you if you tried to hold him by the collar. Ok he had problems must have been abused before we got him but no amount of working on him cured him just meant he could never be walked off a lead

Sep 13, 2020
Somewhere surrounded by sea
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 1979
What a lovely God sent missed opportunity. IF just IF Noah had somehow managed to lose that mutt then our, what should be quiet and tranquil sites, would not now be overrun by barking/ yapping ankle biting demons..
Yep before you ask I hate dogs.. had a bad experience when 5yr old
The other thing that really gets me is when a dog comes bounding towards you untethered and the so called responsible owner says "it's ok he/she only wants to say hello he/she wont touch you..
Oh change the above phrase...I not only hate them.... I am genuinely scare of them.
So please dog owners think twice about what you are Doing...would you go swimming with sharks????? well that is what you expect me to do.
Hi All

Whilst I feel a small amount of sympathy for you as mentioned by many it's not always the dogs fault

When I was in my mid-teens returning home from a local fair I was attacked by three yobs - well actually only one of them. He decided to swing his buckle belt at me and although I managed to swing backwards it still caught me on my top lip knocking/snapping four teeth and resulting in four stitches on my lip and seven inside. Long term it resulted in me loosing all my teeth by the age of 23 due to the impact dislodging them. We "found" the yob at the local courts as he'd "bottled" somebody the week before my incident.

THIS DID NOT MAKE ME HATE ALL HUMANS

I cannot put all humans in the same category and the same with animals, I was brought up with a variety of dogs from Alsatians, uncontrollable Jack Russell - her mother was a "runner" and she was exactly the same :rolleyes:, two sheepdog type rescue but at present we have 13 year old fox red labbie which has been trained not only with voice but whistle and hand signs.

We would never be without a dog but will take a very long time to get over the labbie

Sep 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 1979
I was not asking for any sympathy...however if you can only give a "small ammount" don't give any.!!!
What gives you the right to think I should give you loads of sympathy then?

You think you have the right to judge ALL dogs with a problem you had with one

I could have done the same with humans but chose to judge each one as I find them

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
What gives you the right to think I should give you loads of sympathy then?

You think you have the right to judge ALL dogs with a problem you had with one

I could have done the same with humans but chose to judge each one as I find them
Ooohhh deary deary 🤑🤑🤑

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
THIS DID NOT MAKE ME HATE ALL HUMANS
On a final note to your childish replies
Do I hate all Argentinian's.... absolutely NOT... despite them throwing bombs at me in 1982 resulting in me being hospitalised for 6 months and suffering PTSD.
Some what trumps your broken teeth don't you think.
However thread was about dogs.... NOT your teeth.

Sep 13, 2020
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 1979
On a final note to your childish replies
Do I hate all Argentinian's.... absolutely NOT... despite them throwing bombs at me in 1982 resulting in me being hospitalised for 6 months and suffering PTSD.
Some what trumps your broken teeth don't you think.
However thread was about dogs.... NOT your teeth.
FYI I wasn't trying to do any "upmanship" just pointing out experience I'd had that didn't "cloud" further judgement in life

I don't wish you or anyone else any malice but can't get my head around somebody saying it's wrong for ALL dogs after one experience with one

Maybe your parents could/should have had a dog for you to overcome your fears ;) ::bigsmile:

Anyway enough from me I'm off - thank you

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Thank you for the compliment, it's right to be wary of any strange dog, but as you saw they react to the whistle and even faced with a horse & rider they came straight back to me and stood ready to be clipped to their leads.
I also go well away from other people as much as possible anyway.

Love a well trained dog! Well done you. Ours are much much improved to when we got them (previous owners didn’t even house train them). But it’s a dream that one of them could ever be called away from close horses - always has to be on the lead if there is a chance of something he could chase.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
It’s easy enough to train a puppy to pee or crap on command (maybe adult dogs too, altho’ I’ve only trained puppies). From the start, whenever they have a pee say ‘have a pee’; whenever they have a crap say ‘have a crap’. They soon learn to associate the words with the action. My dog is so eager to please that she’s been known to pretend to have a crap when she doesn’t actually need one! :Smile:
Bless her :giggle: I sometimes feel a right idiot shouting wee wees in a high pitched voice. It works but am planning to use a more discreet training aid with the next dogs

Herbyventures

Free Member
Oct 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit selfbui
Exp
I have a 'dog reactive' dog - he gets noisily over excited by other dogs and while he is actually OK around some other dogs once he gets to know them, he could potentially get himself into a lot of trouble if he meets another over excited dog. So we keep him on lead at all times in public places. He comes in the camper with us, we have a 'dog garden' that he can't see out of and he's very happy and peaceful as long as there are no loose dogs running about. However... So far almost everywhere we've ever been that asks for all dogs to be kept on a lead, has loose dogs scampering about and it infuriates me. It's lazy and antisocial.
I should add that I feel much the same way about loose children, especially the ones who occupy the whole of any green area with a football game and frequently have to retrieve the ball from other people's encampment!

Incidentally, if you are frightened by dogs the trick is never to look them in the eye, turn sideways to them, take a deep breath, fold your arms and try to relax. Dogs read our body language, so if your body language says 'nothing to see here', they'll lose interest in you very rapidly. If you are approaching them on a walk, look over the dog's head at the tail, not at it's face.

Janecambridge

Free Member
Jan 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
3months
How sad to hear about the dog off it’s lead that has killed the seal pup on The Thames In front of young children.Signs everywhere telling owners to keep dogs on leads.But no....this ladies dog is probably one of those that ‘wont hurt you’ ..

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
How sad to hear about the dog off it’s lead that has killed the seal pup on The Thames In front of young children.Signs everywhere telling owners to keep dogs on leads.But no....this ladies dog is probably one of those that ‘wont hurt you’ ..
I hope the dog owner gets fully prosecuted for this although I suspect they feel terrible already.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
The dog won't hurt you if the owner had acted responsibly.
And
She had bothered to take a little of her extremely valuable time to train the dog in the basics.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Bless her :giggle: I sometimes feel a right idiot shouting wee wees in a high pitched voice. It works but am planning to use a more discreet training aid with the next dogs

I'm afraid swmbo has trained ours with go weewees. It's a bit embarrassing.

Not half as bad as my first dog who I 'officially' called Pootle (from The Flumps kids TV show) ... being a cross Alsatian/lab/whatever she was medium sized ... when we took her to a new vet he giggled like a schoolkid at the thought of us calling her to come back to us when out as her 'common' name was Poo! :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back