Ever stayed on a French Aire? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim, is it possible to add a photo after you have added the aire details? I cannot see how, if you can.

Yes you will be able to do it soon, meanwhile just post it here and I will upload it:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Yes you will be able to do it soon, meanwhile just post it here and I will upload it:thumb:

Hi Jim

I managed to add pictures to two of my entries by going to 'edit', then adding the picture in the text box with the image button .. was this ok.. or should I wait until you have set it up properly ?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Jim

I managed to add pictures to two of my entries by going to 'edit', then adding the picture in the text box with the image button .. was this ok.. or should I wait until you have set it up properly ?

Ahh Sneaky, ::bigsmile: No problem, its your profile that I have been experimenting with author status, you should have been able to edit just your listings, Olley too. As you have seen, its not difficult to edit the posts or add an extra photo but I think I'd better make a simple instruction set before I make it the default and allow it across the board. Thanks again for you input:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Ahh Sneaky, ::bigsmile: No problem, its your profile that I have been experimenting with author status, you should have been able to edit just your listings, Olley too. As you have seen, its not difficult to edit the posts or add an extra photo but I think I'd better make a simple instruction set before I make it the default and allow it across the board. Thanks again for you input:thumb:

Ok, understood.. thought that might be the case.. but you did say have a play and try to break it ... :roflmto:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Gravelines Aire ?

Gravelines Aire is listed as a Municipal .. ?

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Jim, can you add the attached photos to the relevant Aire entries?

The one at La Ferte Beauharnais, France (Aire) is mine, but I noticed there was no pic for Lucate Aire so have included one I had on the computer from one of our trips down that way.

Attachments

• Le Ferte Buanais2.jpg
    Le Ferte Buanais2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Lucate 2.jpg
    Lucate 2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 14

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Sorry Jim, I'm sure the answer's here somewhere but I'm pushed for time to trawl through.

Is it possible to edit an entry. I'm pretty sure that one of mine has a duff lat/lon, and also I have a couple of piccies I could add.

How do we do it?

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Sorry Jim, I'm sure the answer's here somewhere but I'm pushed for time to trawl through.

Is it possible to edit an entry. I'm pretty sure that one of mine has a duff lat/lon, and also I have a couple of piccies I could add.

How do we do it?

Look at top right of page, click your name and all you listings should come up. Then go to Aire you want to change and click Renew (edit as needed) then you finish as you did before.

Click Dashboard and you get the same as clicking your name

:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Jim

I think we need clarification on the listings as to what constitutes a Municipal Site and an Aire . I think the confusion is caused by there being two types of aires, private and municipal.

I stand to be corrected but my understanding of a municipal is a basic site with toilets and perhaps showers, EHU, grass with or without hard standings and usually an office .. run by the municipality .. in effect and to all intents and purposes.. a camp site. You can stay as long as you want and can pay by the week/fortnight. You can erect awnings, pup tents etc ..

An aire is a motorhome car park with or without basic services, usually but not always with a time limit. No chairs, tables, awnings are supposed to be used ( although some do have space for this)

A municipal aire is not municipal ...

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi Jim another piccie please Briollay (still won't let me upload photos even when i try to renew)

Attachments

• Briolly.jpg
    Briolly.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 11

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
and again Jim two this time.
Cherry farm Heurteauville

Attachments

• Cherry Farm (Heurteauville).jpg
    Cherry Farm (Heurteauville).jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Our River Taxi Arrives.jpg
    Our River Taxi Arrives.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 14
S

stagman

Deleted User
If you have stayed on French Aires why not let us know by entering it into our new French Aires app, its really easy to do, and even if the aire is already listed you will be able to leave a star rating and review. I have been working in it on and off for ages but after some rigorous testing by Scotjimjand this weekend (thanks Jim) I feel brave enough to open it up to the Funsters scrutiny.

I know there are hundreds of places that list all the aires, and it would be easy to just show a map where they are all located. However, as regular aire users know, some aires are better than others (understatement) So if we could build a list of the Funster's favourites it will become a terrific resource.

You can find the new section on the navigation menu that is on the left of the home page. Please go there and add a few aires:thumb: Many thanks Funsters Favourites Aires

NB Thanks also to Mel, for some test uploads:thumb:

I noticed on the map that there are only two Municipal sites listed . The question I would like to ask is what do you mean by Municipal . Is it Municipal Aires or is it Municipal Campsites . Do you want us to just list M/Aires as an Aire or as what we beleive it to be Municipal Aire . Also wish it could be easier to add pics , got loads .:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Jim
I thought i had registered the other day and i got in no problem but when i tried to sign in today its says invalid username/password i have used my email address i use on fun and have tried both password and username in password box. So if you could help me out that would be great.

Gerry

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I noticed on the map that there are only two Municipal sites listed . The question I would like to ask is what do you mean by Municipal . Is it Municipal Aires or is it Municipal Campsites . Do you want us to just list M/Aires as an Aire or as what we beleive it to be Municipal Aire . Also wish it could be easier to add pics , got loads .:thumb:

Aire, Municipal Aire, they call everything an Aire::bigsmile: I know it can be a little confusing, pop it into whatever category you think is right we can always sort it later if its wrong. As for loading pictures. Just click the Upload Button and choose the pictures from your computer. You can press the button as many times as you like, and upload one at a time, or if you press the control key while you select the pictures for upload you can load up to 6 in one go. :thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Thanks Jim i managed to log on now

Gerry

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Aires, other than in France

Jim I know you named it French Aires but there are many others outside France now.

Espana 361
Portugal 253
According to Campingcar Infos. .

We have used some of these & they are the same as the French ones in many locations.

Are we to be discouraged from adding these to this map?

S

stagman

Deleted User
Aire, Municipal Aire, they call everything an Aire::bigsmile: I know it can be a little confusing, pop it into whatever category you think is right we can always sort it later if its wrong. As for loading pictures. Just click the Upload Button and choose the pictures from your computer. You can press the button as many times as you like, and upload one at a time, or if you press the control key while you select the pictures for upload you can load up to 6 in one go. :thumb:

Still unable to upload pics .

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Yes tried several times , given up now .:cry:

Have you tried resizing .. to say less than 500kb ?

I use even smaller 100 - 200kb as am on slow broadband.. quality is of little importance

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Have you tried resizing .. to say less than 500kb ?

I use even smaller 100 - 200kb as am on slow broadband.. quality is of little importance

Site says up to two mb Jim, but i did take mine under 500kb and it still errored in IE9 and FF. :cry:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Site says up to two mb Jim, but i did take mine under 500kb and it still errored in IE9 and FF. :cry:

it is really odd.. I've no other suggestions..

I've had no trouble and I'm using FF 3.6.. the latest version my old Mac will run.. , I know that doesn't help you .. :Sad:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Jim (ringleader) I am having the same problem.....error 500 even though my photos are 1.32,1.45, 1.5 ....none are 2mb:Doh: I have been trying most of the day a few have uploaded.....but most have not..:Doh:

Jim (scotjimland) I tried resizing lots of mine the other night...It made no difference....still error 500..

Mel

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have still no idea why a few are getting error 500? while most can upload OK. I do have someone looking at it to see if they can sort it out. Sorry:Blush:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I have still no idea why a few are getting error 500? while most can upload OK. I do have someone looking at it to see if they can sort it out. Sorry:Blush:

Jim, I have just uploaded some photos that would not upload before and came up with the error 500....but I have had to come down to my lowest size 320 x 240......but the picture is very fuzzy ...not good to look at:Eeek::Doh:
See Gravelines the port
Mel

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Stagman..I think Jim (scotjimland ) covered your question on page 9...

Quote Jim

"I think we need clarification on the listings as to what constitutes a Municipal Site and an Aire . I think the confusion is caused by there being two types of aires, private and municipal.

I stand to be corrected but my understanding of a municipal is a basic site with toilets and perhaps showers, EHU, grass with or without hard standings and usually an office .. run by the municipality .. in effect and to all intents and purposes.. a camp site. You can stay as long as you want and can pay by the week/fortnight. You can erect awnings, pup tents etc ..

An aire is a motorhome car park with or without basic services, usually but not always with a time limit. No chairs, tables, awnings are supposed to be used ( although some do have space for this)

A municipal aire is not municipal ...)"

Aire de camping car is for motorhomes only.....municipal site is a campsite, caravans are allowed.. I too stand to be corrected like Jim if I have it wrong,
Yes it is confusing as they sometimes are very similar in the basic needs, Aires having more than basic and municipal site campsites having less.

Mel:thumb:

Last edited:
S

stagman

Deleted User
Stagman..I think Jim (scotjimland ) covered your question on page 9...

Quote Jim

"I think we need clarification on the listings as to what constitutes a Municipal Site and an Aire . I think the confusion is caused by there being two types of aires, private and municipal.

A municipal aire is not municipal ...)"

Aire de camping car is for motorhomes only.....municipal site is a campsite, caravans are allowed.. I too stand to be corrected like Jim if I have it wrong,
Yes it is confusing as they sometimes are very similar in the basic needs, Aires having more than basic and municipal site campsites having less.

Mel:thumb:

My angle on it is simple really Municipal aire is run by the local municipality regardless of facillities , and the do's and dont's for that particular site is usually posted on the notice board . Private is as it says ,and again they have their own rules .Municipal campsite is totally different again as they cater for tents and caravans , and run by the local Municipality.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back