Ever had something completely off the wall happen in your Camper/Mobile home? (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
We were in Austria on an aire. I had decided to make a seafood cannelloni. Our oven is an eye-line, above the fridge freezer and I had made the mistake of putting the baking sheet in the oven, instead of using it to support the foil tray that I had made the cannelloni in. The tray had upwards of half a litre of lovely Bechamel sauce spread over the tubes, it was cooled but quite wobbly. 'I can do this' thought I. I lifted the tray and almost had it in the oven when it started to collapse. I was like a dog with a balloon, trying to catch the tray and stop the carnage. Seconds later, I stood there in shock. I had covered myself, the kitchen, the floor, the fridge door, frankly half of the habitation area was splashed with sauce. I stepped outside, with white sauce covering my hair, face and body and had a major hissy fit, much to the astonishment of our fellow campers.
The look on my wife's face told me to stay outside until she had dealt with my latest folly. :oops: :oops::cry:

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Parked up in a roughish looking car park in Trieste, Italy, but there was another motorhome next to us so felt fine. Walked into town for drinks and food, on returning there was a police car talking to the owner of the motorhome next to us, a very tall lady (I think) stilettoes and fishnet stockings and as we entered our van noticed a little red light inside her/his van. We didn't stay the night......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apache

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
5 Years
Our ( since departed ) Boxer dog , Sophie never really took to travelling in our first Moho and was known to be a little bit sick in the back whilst on the road. She took it to a new level when we got our new Autotrail and on one of our first outings had a touch of tummy trouble if you get my meaning. It was runny and smelly and went into all manner of little crevices in the floor. Thankfully we have an outside shower to wash the dog, the bedding , the doormat and me . Luckily there was no smell after it was all cleaned up and even now 4 years later our van still smells new inside .

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I’ve posted this before 2006 we bought a Auto Sleeper Gatcombe with stainless steel ladder on the back, and I zip tied a 6 metre flagpole with a long spinner at the top. We were having our 2 week holidays on a site near Hayle in Cornwall with another internet camping forum, so we decided to go out for the day.
As I was driving off the site I looked in my mirrors and the fellow who organised the meet who was a bit overweight Was running after us waving his arms.
I pulled up and he caught up and breathlessly said that we had left the 6 metre flagpole and spinner strapped to our ladder and we looked like the biggest dodgem car he had ever seen, this was because the site had overhead pylons that I had forgot about.

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Parked up in a roughish looking car park in Trieste, Italy, but there was another motorhome next to us so felt fine. Walked into town for drinks and food, on returning there was a police car talking to the owner of the motorhome next to us, a very tall lady (I think) stilettoes and fishnet stockings and as we entered our van noticed a little red light inside her/his van. We didn't stay the night......
Oh yes, we arranged to meet our friends in La Rochelle, France. They were already there, we arrived late, just before it got dark. Cars and motorbikes drove by most of the night, pausing in front and shining lights on our vans. A very tall blond backed her or his van into the trees at quite a speed with loud crashing sounds, must have caused damage. She fitted the same description as your lady. Of course we wondered what was going on. Yes, it turned out it was a dogging site! (Nothing to do with us!).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back