Free Member
Jul 12, 2021
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Im a Newbie
Very interesting site, wonder if i could throw a few questions in the pot ??
Unfortunately my wife has been recently diagnosed with a life limiting illness, we always planned when we eventually retired we were going to see a bit of the world in our own Motorhome. Obviously these plans have been changed significantly.
Could i ask of those 'more in the know'
Are there any reputable rental companies in the Stoke on Trent North Staffordshire area?
Do private owners hire out their own vehicles?
Any other ideas?
We would wish to travel to the Scottish Highlands perhaps late August or September?
Any information would be gratefully received. Many thanks.
Colin

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
Noneā€¦ā€¦..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from The Cotswolds! (y)

Sorry to hear about your wife - would you need to hire an ā€˜adaptedā€™ Motorhome for access, etc., or would you be able to manage with a standard set-upā€¦..?:unsure:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c
OP
OP
C

cms9990

Free Member
Jul 12, 2021
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Im a Newbie
Welcome from The Cotswolds! (y)

Sorry to hear about your wife - would you need to hire an ā€˜adaptedā€™ Motorhome for access, etc., or would you be able to manage with a standard set-upā€¦..?:unsure:
Thanks for your reply,no,her condition doesn't require any adaptions, she is completely mobile.The irony is if you met her you wouldnt think there was anything wrong!!

OP
OP
C

cms9990

Free Member
Jul 12, 2021
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
Funster No
MH
Dont own one yet
Exp
Im a Newbie
Sorry to hear your predicament.

I would be tempted to hire a vehicle closer to Scotland as they have limitations on mileage when hiring. Drive up to the area then hire.

Someone with more knowledge in this field than me will be along shortly
Thank you for your kind comments

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
B
Thank you!!!
Before you reply to anymore posts.

Be aware you only get 5 free posts before you have to pay. there are some icons you can use to say thanks or like or nice one by clicing the Like button bottom right hand corner of each post

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Whats Up Hello GIF by Make it Move

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Welcome.

I know you said hire, if you have the capital available, it will be far more flexible to buy and then sell on when you are done.

It is so expensive to hire at the moment and availability is so limited, it may be a better option.

I think Travelworld might have a hire fleet down the road in Stafford. I wouldnā€™t buy from them, the sales are slick and hassle free but the after sales, not so muchā€¦..

I donā€™t doubt however that the hire part will be as good as the sales.

Sorry to hear of your predicament, life is so short and I hope you have you years of happy touring. :)

Deleted User
Hi and welcome. Sorry to hear of your wifeā€™s situation too. Regarding private owners hiring out their motorhomes, there are a number of existing threads on this. The long and short of it is the consensus amongst private owners is not to lend or hire out their Motorhomes, because of accounts of unforeseen damage, or problems that occur. They are very expensive assets and minor dings or issues are expensive to repair or sort out, so it isnt worth the hassle.

Having recently returned from a tour around Scotland, it is falling over with rental motorhomes, with lots of companies out there and an array of different vehicle types. I dont know the pricing though.

There are some bargains to be had with some dealers if you wanted to purchase a second hand one, but hiring first would be a sound idea.

Best wishes

Chas

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley

I hope that you can tick all the boxes on your bucket listšŸ¤žšŸ¤žšŸ¤žā˜˜ļøā˜˜ļø

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
:hi2: w2f Hope you join us. Meantime, if you are coming to Sotland and flying into Edinburgh there are loads of hire agencies. Google motorhome hire lothian. Whatever you decide to do, I wish you all the best.

DumfriesDik

Free Member
Nov 22, 2020
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Hello and welcome.

As others have said, hire when you get here.

Also, I would consider coming a bit later in the year so that you get to see the mountains with their first white caps on and the cooler air will chase away many of the motorhomes.

Whatever you decide, kudos to you for doing it.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. šŸ‘

Wyn

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi and another big w2f Enjoy.
Sorry to read of your situation,I lived in Stoke for a while and remember finding two motor home dealers close together not so far from you.
Worth a look perhaps regarding access and could possibly help with rental.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back