Evening All - bit of help please! (1 Viewer)

Nov 8, 2019
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Axess
Exp
Virgin!
Hi everyone. We're completely new to this life and have just bought our first motorhome, an Adria Matrix 670 Sc from the very lovely people at Geoff Cox Leisure.
We've come away for our first few days and we're trying to use the truma heating just on gas.
However, everytime I attempt to use it I get the error code E517H.
I've got tons of instruction manuals, looked on the Web, attempted to phone truma all with no joy!
Anyone got any ideas? I've ensured the boiler has water, gas is on and working the fridge and hob and the control panel is switched on too.
Hopefully someone has some ideas, otherwise it'll be a chilly night!
Cheers.

OP
OP
A
Nov 8, 2019
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Axess
Exp
Virgin!
Mm, no cover on it to be removed that Ican see. We've had it working twice previously on hook up and didn't remove anything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A
Nov 8, 2019
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Axess
Exp
Virgin!
DBK, seen that thanks and I can delete the fault once it's finished flashing, but still no heating. I'm bound to be doing (or not doing) something so straight forward!

• Thanks
Reactions: DBK

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
If you just on batteries, check the level, ours won't work if the battery level is down to about 10.5.

OP
OP
A
Nov 8, 2019
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Axess
Exp
Virgin!
HandyAndy, PhillD.... Is there a separate tap for the heating? I've got a gaslow system. The gas is on and the fridge is working on gas and so is the hob. Do I need to turn on the heating tap somewhere?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
on our Adria Coral there is a gas manifold under a flap in the base of the bed. there are 4 gas taps that can switch off the gas to particular appliances you need to check its on for the heater.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
1574619085992.png
looks a bit like this

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
Had this a number of times with different solutions.....in no order.....

Acknowledge code and delete

is there a window open above exhaust outlet

(Assume it’s set to gas on panel!)

Lift the cover on the top/side of the boiler.....you should see a green light flashing....if it’s red you can press the reset button just below the light....hold for about five secs....watch the electric connections ...they will be live.

Hope you get it sorted.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
after trying the above

a stab in the dark.....

try switching off everything that is gas and only running the boiler on its own.... how much gas in the cylinder /s

OP
OP
A
Nov 8, 2019
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Axess
Exp
Virgin!
Stoosal, when you say acknowledge the code, I've pressed the rotating button after the code stops flashing but each time I seem to turn the controller off completely. Am I missing something?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i may be wrong here, but that fault code should reset itself if you switch off athe the heating controls and wait 15 mins.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
ps; make sure the thermostat is set at max....;)

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
Yip....delete by tapping rotary button....as PhilD says.....if you’ve tried four times or the power has been turned off it will lock you out for 15mins......I’m afraid you need to sit it out and try again.

If the green light is flashing on the boiler itself I think it’s locked you out....but I’m no expert!

OP
OP
A
Nov 8, 2019
Torbay
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Axess
Exp
Virgin!
Guys, thanks very much for your suggestions. Heating now on! I wish I could tell you how/why!
I got to the boiler. Which is under the lounge seat, so involved unscrewing the seat base. There were two lights, one steady green, the other flashing red.
Before pressing the very small button I went back to the panel.
Stoosal, I did manage to delete the code this time (although I swear that's what I did before!) Heating didn't come on. The thermostat was set to 24 so should've been fine (even allowing for it being inaccurate) the inside temp was showing 15. I turned it right up. Still nothing but didn't come up with an error.
Stood staring at the boiler it and swearing mildly..... Click, click, click.. Fired up!
So thanks again. We're warm now and I've finally introduced myself!
Great site and fab resource. I've been pursuing posts for ages getting clues on dos and don't before finally getting one of our own.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Well, done! I’m glad you were successful. Isn’t this a great place to get good answers whilst having fun. A little tip, when mentioning a Funster, type @ before their name, so AuntyAida not just AuntyAida. That way they will be notified that you have mentioned them. You can also send a Personal Message by using the envelope icon, if you don’t want everyone to see it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back