Eurotunnel (1 Viewer)

Sep 30, 2019
Worksop, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Has anybody had problems moving the booked dates for the tunnel ? I booked mine early on this year in June to travel over Xmas which I thought was a good idea the problem is that if you want to move it you can only move it FROM THE DATE THAT IT IS BOOKED not the date of travel which means I can only transfer it up to June and not beyond and as for a refund they told me to go away politely even though the Government is saying you cannot travel has anybody else had this problem

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Well you have until June next year and yes I have been in the same situation.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We had ours extended for a year but that only takes it to next summer we have 4 singles left. On the scale of things its not a big problem compared to some people.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Has anybody had problems moving the booked dates for the tunnel ? I booked mine early on this year in June to travel over Xmas which I thought was a good idea the problem is that if you want to move it you can only move it FROM THE DATE THAT IT IS BOOKED not the date of travel which means I can only transfer it up to June and not beyond and as for a refund they told me to go away politely even though the Government is saying you cannot travel has anybody else had this problem

Are you sure it's not that you have to make a booking up to June but can book the actually crossing date further forward of June. That's how ours was credited back on our crossing that was cancelled.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
We should have been away at the moment, but obviously could not travel, they have a cancellation request on their site, and despite saying allow 7 days (and expecting it to take much than that, due to applying on the first day of lockdown along with thousands of other no doubt?) we had credited back to out frequent travve account within 48hours, really cannot fault ET, they have been brilliant.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We were in France when the U.K. was about to impose the lockdown. We tried to ring Eurotunnel to bring forward our return crossing but received a recorded message saying that, as they were so busy with Brits trying to return, we should change the booking on-line.

As we had booked using Tesco vouchers it was not possible to do so. We made a new booking on-line at additional cost.

When we got home we left it a week for the panic to die down and then rang Eurotunnel. When we explained the situation they asked for our booking references for the additional and the unused crossing. They then issued us with a credit note for the unused return crossing, valid until the end of 2021.

We are quite happy with that as we intend to travel again next year, CV allowing.

OP
OP
M
Sep 30, 2019
Worksop, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
They refused point blank to extend the date beyond the original booking date I even offered to pay any extra if there prices went up but they were not Having any of it complained to the Barclay card and the resolutions team is talking to them at the moment it’s only £260.00 but that old fashioned principles come in to play and a reasonable attitude toward a customer from when they first opened I would not have survived the 35 years I have been in the garage trade if I had there attitude

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Are you sure it's not that you have to make a booking up to June but can book the actually crossing date further forward of June. That's how ours was credited back on our crossing that was cancelled.
Mine was 12 months from the original booking date to the travel date. I then got a 12 months voucher from the day I then wanted to postpone my booking.

Dec 18, 2011
Hull
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 634
Exp
Since 2006
Yes,same thing happened to me when I booked through the caravan Club.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
They refused point blank to extend the date beyond the original booking date I even offered to pay any extra if there prices went up but they were not Having any of it complained to the Barclay card and the resolutions team is talking to them at the moment it’s only £260.00 but that old fashioned principles come in to play and a reasonable attitude toward a customer from when they first opened I would not have survived the 35 years I have been in the garage trade if I had there attitude
How did you pay for your crossing? If it was with Tesco vouchers then it is normal for you not to be able to extend the actual travel beyond 12 months from the date you actually made the reservation and paid for it.

Feb 22, 2020
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E582
Exp
2011, 11.6m cruiser on Thames for 5 years before
“Further to your recent conversation with our Contact Centre, I am pleased to confirm your voucher* to the value of xxxGBP for use with your next ticket purchase made directly with Eurotunnel Le Shuttle. Your voucher number is xxxxxxxxx and is valid for redemption by xx-xx. When booking, you will be asked for random characters from your surname in order for this voucher to be redeemed. For full Terms and Conditions for this voucher, please refer to the bottom of this email. Please note that although your voucher needs to be redeemed by the above date, it can be used for travel after this time. Once booked our standard terms and conditions apply allowing travel within 12 months from the date of booking.”

This was the reply I had from Eurotunnel in the Spring, which seems self-explanatory. Incidentally, the original booking was with Tesco vouchers. I’ve xxxed out the relevant details!

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I am finally able to post this as a result of the ongoing possible problems in using Tesco Vouchers to go on Eurotunnel.

Way back in the dim and distant past in the Summer, we purchased a Return Tunnel ticket using Tesco Vouchers.

The journey was to take place in October, but, shortly after we had committed, France went on the 'Naughty Step'

We held back but in August, we decided not to go.

This is where we probably did something at variance to others on here. Rather than contacting Eurotunnel, we contacted Tesco and sought their advice. I didn't do this with ulterior motives but thought they, as the providers of the funds,(as it were) would be able to help.

I spoke to a rep. and was immediately put at ease that systems had already been put in place. All I had to do was ring Eurotunnel and Cancel the journey and, at the same time, obtain from Eurotunnel a Ref. No. of the Cancellation. This I did.

I then supplied Tesco with the information and sat back waiting for the Vouchers to be reinstated. I have to say that the chap I spoke to at Tesco kept me constantly updated as to the non progress of the request but, about a month later, I received a call to say that my claim had been denied.

I fired off a letter in complaint and then received a letter from them to say, wringing their hands, that there was nothing that they could do as Eurotunnel had been paid for the trip.

I fired off a second letter giving them, 'What for' and pointing out that I had followed their instruction to the letter and they were fully responsible. I further suggested that, having read on here of Funsters getting Extensions to their trips when they had gone to Eurotunnel direct, that they, Tesco, should get into a chat with Eurotunnel and admit their faux pas, (other phrases are available) and get Eurotunnel to give us an extension to the cancelled trip and everyone would be happy.

Nothing was received after a month so a second letter was sent.

Last week we received a phone call from Tesco to grovellingly accept that they had failed in their customer service.

They have replaced the Vouchers back into our Clubcard Account and made a further Goodwill gesture as an apology.

Result.

I am posting this, not to highlight the problem but as information for anyone found to be in the same position.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
I had exactly the same and the same e-mail as Deep Owl in post 13, from March this year. It basically gives you two years to travel. I can book a new crossing in March next year for travel in March 2022. Happy days (y):happy:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back