Eurotunnel. Turning up early as a frequent traveller. (1 Viewer)

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
I always turn up about a couple of hours early for train and consequently they put me on an earlier train with no additional charge. I am interested in joining the Frequent traveller scheme but notice that the 4pm train is the earliest afternoon train available on the scheme. Leaves me looking for an aire or site in the dark in winter. If I arrived early would they still put me on without any additional charge?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I always turn up about a couple of hours early for train and consequently they put me on an earlier train with no additional charge. I am interested in joining the Frequent traveller scheme but notice that the 4pm train is the earliest afternoon train available on the scheme. Leaves me looking for an aire or site in the dark in winter. If I arrived early would they still put me on without any additional charge?
I don't think they'll let you on earlier than 4.00 pm but will be down to them at the time I suppose. As for finding an aire in the dark, as the nights are lighter you'll still be able to find somewhere whilst it's still light unless you want to go a long way once over the channel, or just go to Cite Europe, nice and easy, you can then stock up in the supermarket before heading off the following morning and saving having to visit one then.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Under the scheme you can book any crossing but there are supplements for certain times of the time and high peak ie Easter or Summer. We have recently been booked on a crossing without the supplement and wanted to travel earlier in the day and just had to pay the 20/30 supplement fee st Checkin.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I don't think they'll let you on earlier than 4.00 pm but will be down to them at the time I suppose. As for finding an aire in the dark, as the nights are lighter you'll still be able to find somewhere whilst it's still light unless you want to go a long way once over the channel, or just go to Cite Europe, nice and easy, you can then stock up in the supermarket before heading off the following morning and saving having to visit one then.
Another + for Cite Europe

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
If we are early we use the Tesco carpark at Cheriton just off the motorway, have something in the café and then its only a couple of miles to the terminal, then on to Cité Europe the other side.
Cheers
Ed

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
They will offer an earlier crossing but if that crossing is in a different charging slot will ask for an extra payment.
We always cross just after 4pm and generally arrive early. They will charge an extra £20 to take an earlier train as its not 'off peak' time, so we stop in their huge carpark and have a coffee and something to eat until our original crossing is called. Once over the other side its just 5 minutes round to Cite Europe.

On the way back I usually book for a crossing around mid-day to allow for any delays. We are usually early but because the off peak times start from early morning in that direction we usually get offered an earlier train at no additional cost.

As others have said, Cite Europe is perfectly safe, free and had loads of space so you will never find it full.

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back